Nicole Row x Reader - Truck Stop

Requested
Word
count: 1 031
A/N:
This is a pretty short one, sorry.

Tour. Why did fans think it was something glorious again? Because of the cool pictures on social media, the interviews, the fact that people got to travel the world in fancy looking buses?

Yeah sure, the buses were nice, admittedly, way better than some shitty van that was breaking down every five hundred miles, but after being stuck in the vehicle, even on one of the huge buses, for more than twelve hours a day, like today, it felt like the walls were closing in drastically, and when finally the wheels came to a stop at a petrol station, you were the first one out of the bus.

Your band mates followed, all of you stumbling into the cool air of the evening. The next petrol pump over, the other tour bus, the one carrying the main band of the tour, Panic! at the Disco, had parked. Just now the bassist, Nicole, was climbing out.

You had met a couple of weeks before the tour kicked off, and being the bassist of your band, you had immediately gotten along. She was always very kind and sweet, but also funny and ready for a joke anytime. To say that you liked her would have been the understatement of the year. And since the more or less serious talk the two of you had had a couple of nights ago, you had learned that she felt the same way for you.

Grinning, you strode over, almost stumbling immediately, not only from the uneven ground but also because of your stiff limbs. Nicole must have seen, because she laughed while you tried to regain your balance, swearing under your breath. Slowly she walked over, looking beautiful as ever. Damn her for being so elegant.

"You okay," she asked amused, when she reached you, her hand immediately finding yours.

"Yeah, just stiff," you mumbled embarrassed. "I missed you."

"Missed you too," she mumbled, and quickly pressed a sweet kiss to your lips.

"You guys just saw each other this morning," John, your band's drummer complained.

"It's been some long twelve-" Nicole started to defend your flirting, but you knew John better. Knowing he would just keep poking at you, and not give you one peaceful minute if you tried to be rational with him, you interrupted her.

"Just piss off," you mumbled, and intertwined your fingers with Nicole's.

"Oh no, someone's in a mood," John bickered. He was a nice guy, but sometimes he liked being the asshole. "I better save myself."

And with these words he strode over to the rest of the band that was standing close to the bus.

"So, do you need anything from the shop," you asked, your voice soft again when you turned to Nicole.

"I've been craving some chocolate since noon," she remembered, and you nodded understandingly.

"Come on then."

Hand in hand you entered the little shop that was attached to the petrol station. Some of the other crew members were already on their search for some late night snack, strolling through the aisles, but none of them cared about your presence.

Together you made your way over to the section with the chocolate, and Nicole picked up two bars. Then you grabbed two bags of crisps, and raided the fridge with cooled drinks for iced coffee. At the counter you decided on some lousy pizza margarita, which the guy from the petrol station heated up for you, before you sat at a table by the window.

Almost all the people the buses had carried were in the shop now, crowding the place quite a bit, and soon the peaceful moment between the two of you was interrupted by Mike, panic's guitarist, and Max, you band's lead singer, who joined the two of you.

Although you were a little grumpy about the lack of privacy, you eventually found yourself enjoying the men's stories, and Nicole had pushed her chair so close to yours that she got to rest her head on your shoulder. Her long, golden locks brushed against your neck, tickling ever so slightly, and you wrapped your arm around her shoulder. She immediately relaxed into your touch and snuggled a little closer to you. You could see the smiles Mike and Max were exchanging, both of them having known about your feelings for each other before you got together. It was safe to say that the entire crew had been hoping Nicole and you would confess your feelings before the end of tour.

All too soon for your liking the tour manager called everyone back to the buses so you could continue your journey. There were only two hours left before you would reach your next destination, and so Nicole invited you onto their bus to spend the last miles together with them, together with her, but away from John, who would doubtlessly make fun of you again.

Telling the manager about it, you climbed into the bus, following Nicole, who sat down on the sofa in the longue area as soon as she had gotten in. With a smile you sat down next to her, Mike and Brendon flopping down unceremoniously on your other side. Mike had mentioned that they had planned to play cards, so the other musicians sat down as well, and by the time the motor started up, Mike was already shuffling the deck, ready to hand out the cards.

Nicole insisted on playing as a team with you, the main reason being that she only had one hand free, since her other arm was wrapped around your shoulder now. To make it more fun, and because there were almost too many people to play properly, it was decided the others would play in pairs as well.

Soon the bus was back on the highway, and you sat snuggled against Nicole, holding the cards, while everyone was laughing and cheering when Brendon tried to trick Mike, but got found out. Some old 50's rock and roll was playing over somebody's Bluetooth speakers, the air smelled of cinnamon and oranges from the little Christmas decorations the band had put up in the kitchen. Maybe tour buses were not so bad after all.