Drabbles Challenge - Patrick Stump x Reader

Prompt 14: Take. It. Off.
Prompt 15: Well, you're coming home with me, whether you like it or not
Prompt 21: He's a bad kisser.

Word
count: 1 364

Patrick absentmindedly stepped out of the music store, his mind still occupied with the range of new music he had just looked at. That one new album had looked really neat, but he had decided on giving it a little more thought before spending twenty bucks on yet another vinyl.

And of course in that one moment of being distracted, he immediately bumped into someone. He was about to apologize profoundly, when he recognized the beautiful face that always made him forget how to breath for a moment. Only that in the same instance as his heart leapt to his throat, it also sunk again.

"(y/n), what's wrong?"

He hated seeing you like this, hated every second of you being upset, and how upset you were was obvious in your face. Your brows were knit together, your eyes fixed on the floor, a frown on your forehead, and you looked like you were about to burst into tears.

Without hesitating, Patrick wrapped you in an embrace, which you quickly and tightly returned.

Burying your nose in Patrick's shoulder long, strawberry blond hair, you took a deep, shaky breath.

For a while you allowed him to hold you, soaking in every moment of his soft body pressed against yours, one of his hands holding the back of your head gently while the other ran up and down your back comfortingly. He smelled amazing, you thought, and he always gave the best hugs in the world. No matter how he sometimes felt shy about being a little chubby, you loved it.

When you pulled away, Patrick held you at an arm's length, looking at you inquisitively.

"What happened?"

Taking another deep breath, you brushed the back of your hand over your eyes, just to make sure no tears had escaped, and looked up to meet his eyes.

"Know Leo, Leo Kingston?"

"The dude who was in our year in high school," Patrick asked, and you nodded.

"We were on a date and, well-" you gestured into the air, "it sucked!"

Patrick tried not to show the sting it gave to his heart. He had always admired you, but the way you supported the band since you both were out of school had totally stolen his heart. And now you were going on dates with douchebags like Leo? You deserved better than that. Better than Patrick anyway, this he was certain of, but also better than this douchebag.

Swallowing all the unfriendly comments that came to Patrick's mind, he flung an arm around your shoulder.

"Sucked in what way?"

Why was he even doing this to himself, listening to your heartbreak, he wondered.

"It- I don't know, it wasn't like I was hoping for much, but-," you stuttered, not caring where Patrick had started leading you, "I haven't been out in ages and Leo was always nice, but then he was late, and he continued talking about his ex, and I just got the feeling I'm a distraction to him, not someone he actually wanted to give a chance, and- where are we going?"

"My place," Patrick answered, "you need chocolate ice cream and cuddles."

Yes, Patrick, especially cuddles, how selfless of you, he thought bitterly.

"It's really not that bad, Trick," you tried assuring him, "I'm just a little upset."

That the real reason behind your frustration had basically nothing to do with Leo, you did not dare telling him. The date with Leo had only shown you how you were not over your crush on Patrick. And it annoyed you, made you angry with yourself, because after what, five years? you definitely should be over somebody that you had already crushed on in school. But then again, maybe Patrick was not just any crush. Or any guy you had fallen in love with. He was your first time to really be in love, and so far only, and also it was Patrick!

"Well, you're coming home with me, whether you like it or not," he announced, and triumphantly felt you give in.

When you had reached his flat, he stuck to his promise and brought ice cream, while you were waiting in the living room, sitting curled up on the sofa.

"So, what happened, then," Patrick asked, handing you a cereal bowl filled to the brim with the frozen sweet.

It was inexplicable to you why Patrick wanted to know all this, but you kept talking, just to distract yourself from being so close to him.

After you had finished, you sat in silence for a while, eating ice cream until Patrick started coughing from the cold.

"He's a bad kisser anyway," he randomly mentioned, making you almost choke on the spoon full of ice cream you were about to swallow.

"What? How would you know," you asked him. What had you missed? Had Patrick and Leo ever...? Why hadn't you known?

"I've been told! (y/n), Jesus Christ, I've been told, it's not a first-hand experience," Patrick laughed at your exasperated expression.

"Oh," you mumbled embarrassedly, before you started coughing from the cold ice cream too, which did not stop you from continue eating though.

"But if I may ask you a question," curiously you looked over to Patrick when he spoke up, "What the hell are you wearing?"

Looking down on yourself you shook your head slightly.

Patrick was right.

Your usual trousers had given way to some uncomfortably tight ones, the shirt you were wearing had some stupid, cute print on it, instead of band logos as you preferred, and to top it off, you were wearing a jacket, one of the fancy ones that also would go along with a suit.

"I tried to-" yeah, what had you tried to do? Fit in, pretend like your whole life was not orbiting around a punk band? Be different from what you had been in school? "-please him, I guess."

"Oh, (y/n), why do you still do that, trying to fit in and all? You're perfect the way you are, the way you dress. You shouldn't pretend to be someone just so people like you. Now take that ridiculous jacket off."

You were close to tears from Patrick's words, but shook your head.

"Let me wallow in self-deprivation a little longer," you mumbled embarrassed, mostly because you knew Patrick was right.

"No, come on, take it off. You can borrow one of my shirts too, if you like, but at least the jacket. Just take it off."

When you did not move, he scooted over.

"(y/n). Take. It. Off. It's not you."

You did not know what exactly had given you the courage to do this, you were very certain you actually had not thought about it, until it was too late, but you leapt forwards, grabbing his face in both of your hands, and shut him up with a passionate kiss to the lips.

You felt Patrick freeze under your touch, and for a moment you thought he would push you away. But in that moment you did not care. You would take every second of Patrick that you could get. You had waited long enough for this, and if he was not shutting up about how you were better the way you really were, not some fake version of yourself, then he had to live with you kissing him.

But he did not push you away. Instead he kissed back, wrapped his arms around you tightly, and pulled you in. And before you even knew it he had shrugged the stupid jacket off your shoulders.

"I'll take the shirt, if you don't mind," you whispered when you pulled away, out of breath, with burning cheeks and swollen lips, but a bright smile on your face.

"Yeah, that's okay, but you'll have to pay for it," Patrick grinned, leaning his forehead against yours.

Raising your eyebrows in amusement you looked at him.

"And how?"

"Easy: first you explain what the hell this just was, not that I'm complaining, just curious, and then you have to kiss me some more."

You sighed, knowing it was about time to break out the truth. Maybe you should thank Leo later for the terrible date. But first you had to confess a couple of things to Patrick. And kiss him.