Ray Toro x Reader - Jamming

Requested
Reader: male
Word count: 1 610

"It makes no difference!"

"Yes, of course it does," Ray protested, causing Gerard to shake his head.

"Why would it make a difference if he's not into you because he's not into you specifically or because he's just not into men generally," Gerard wanted to know, running his hands through his hair.

For hours he and Ray had been discussing this topic now, and he was pretty sure the problem was mainly that Ray was just too afraid to be rejected if he asked you out.

"It would- man, it would be so fucking embarrassing," Ray whined.

"And suffering silent heartbreak is not embarrassing?"

"It's different. Nobody knows that," Ray defended.

"I know," Gerard reminded him, causing the other to groan.

"Shut up, you don't count."

"And what if I just went to (y/n), and told him?"

Ray, who had leant back into the soft cushions of the sofa jumped up immediately again.

"You will do no such thing, you hear me? You-"

"Calm down, dude, I wouldn't," Gerard laughed. "But I can't just watch the two of you stare at each other the entire fucking time, and not do something, okay?"

"He's not staring," Ray disagreed, and sat back down.

"Oh yes, my friend, he is," Gerard laughed, "you are usually such an observant guy, but you really haven't noticed him never taking his eyes of you?"

"He's not staring," Ray continued insisting, but Gerard just laughed again.

"Yes, man, he is. Even Mikey and Frank have picked up on it, and if those two notice something, then hell, it's pretty fucking obvious."

"Yeah, yeah, you just tell that to yourself, so you don't feel guilty for letting me run to my death if I should ever tell (y/n) about how I feel."

Ray got up from his seat again, and stretched.

"Where're you going," Gerard asked confused as he watched his friend walk to the door.

"To the bus, I wanna write a little. Get some thoughts out," Ray shrugged, and left Gerard sitting on his own in the changing room.

~*~

You, in the meantime, had no idea what Gerard and Ray had been talking about, and if you had, you probably would have died of happiness, knowing Ray felt the same way you felt for him. That Ray was both into men and women was a well-known fact between the band members. But that you were not exactly straight either was discovery of a more recent nature you had shared with nobody so far. There was no need to really. The only person who it would have concerned was Ray, and the other three men were completely indifferent towards people's sexual orientations, it simply did not matter to them, as long as they had no interest in that person.

Careful, in order not to cut yourself, you cleaned out the razor you had shaved yourself with, and took a look in the small mirror in the bath cell on the bus. You had slept in late today, after yesterday's show you had stayed up entirely too long, playing videogames with Gerard and Ray. Now you felt like you needed some refreshment, and after shaving, showering, and washing your hair, you felt more human again. Your eyes stared back at you, still a hint of tiredness hidden in them, or maybe it was more the feeling of being worn out. Tour was stressful, every day another city, another venue. It all blend together, it all started to look the same.