Gerard Way x Reader - We All Get Together...

Request: Kill all your friends with Gerard?? Thanks <3
Warnings
: death, funeral, mention of drugs
Word
count: 1 449
A/N:
is it just me or do you like... know the songs, and barely ever know the title, or people tell you the title and you know you know the song, but you couldn't possibly remember one line or the melody? That's me with every song ever.

Rain streamed down on the graveyard. Brown mud was sticking to Gerard's boots as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other, trying not to let on how little this funeral was moving him. He knew the guy had been in school with him, he knew he had taken drugs, and had always assumed that if he died an untimely death, it would be because of an overdose. But instead that moron had fallen down a couple of stairs, and broken his neck. Weird how life twisted and turned things around to always make the least expected outcome happen.

Gerard would not have come if his mother had not forced him too. She had argued that people knew he was back in town at the moment, and that he and the dead guy had been to school together, so he needed to show up.

A crying woman was speaking now, maybe the dead man's wife, or his sister? Gerard's eyes wandered over the crowd. Everyone was dressed in black, the women in smart dresses with elegant coats on top, the men wearing suits and black jackets. Gerard himself was only wearing black jeans and a pullover, and had wrapped himself in a black jacket. It was not exactly hard for him to find a complete black outfit.

While his eyes ghosted over the people, he noticed he was not the only one not very focused on moaning the dead guy. A familiar pair of eyes caught his, and Gerard had to take a double take to be sure. His breath caught in his throat, and his heart skipped a beat before continuing to beat twice as long. He hadn't seen you in years, ages. And to see you here at this funeral... you were just as breathtaking as you had been back then, your face more grown up now, but your eyes holding the same playful mischief as he had known.

You had been his first real love, his first kiss, his first prom date. He was not sure who exactly had ended it, maybe you, maybe him. There had been misunderstandings and accusations made out of jealousy, and before he even knew it, you had broken up. For years he had blamed you, because it was easier to blame someone other than him for his pain, but now he was not so sure anymore. He knew he had made mistakes too, and it was hard to admit that maybe he had caused his own unhappiness.

Now you stood there in the rain, wearing boots just like him, your trousers tucked into the rim of the boots so they would not get dirty, and a black jacket nicely hugging your frame. A black umbrella protected you from the rain, the water running over the fabric, and dripping off the sides like tiny rivers. Your eyes watched him with such intensity that it threw him off completely, and Gerard was not sure if he wanted to kiss you, or to run away from you.

The problem seemed solved when suddenly the speech was over, and the people started moving towards the exit. In the moving crowd he lost eye contact with you, and quickly turned around, only to run into one of his former classmates.

"Hey Gerard," he greeted. It irritated Gerard to no end that this brat from school suddenly seemed well mannered. "We thought we'd go to the pub down the street, get a couple of drinks. You wanna come?" Gerard did not even have a chance, when the man already patted his shoulder and nodded. "Great, come on."

The pub was stuffy and filled to the brim with people in elegant black clothes. Gerard had fought his way through some small talk with people he was supposed to know, a glass of coke in his hand, when he saw you again.

You were standing in a corner, drink in hand, and looked a little lost. When you noticed that Gerard had spotted you, you lifted your free hand, and waved him over.

Looking around confused, it took Gerard a moment to understand you were waving at him, and hesitantly he walked over.

Something in him was trying to resist the pull of your presence, but he was powerless. Back then, the heartbreak had completely ruined him, and he was scared of the power you still might have over him. Seriously, why would you want to talk to him now? Did you feel lonely at the realization that death would come for all of you one day? Did you think you could idly chat with him the way your former class mates did? Had you even any idea what you had done to him all these years ago?

You had already straightened up, seeing Gerard indeed walk over, but just in the last moment he suddenly turned, and started talking to someone you recognized as a former football player. Maybe you should have known it. Both you and Gerard had always hated to confront unpleasant emotions, and that was what had destroyed you in the end.

Of course you had wondered if he would be there, at the funeral where everyone came together. But you had not been prepared to actually see him there. He looked good, still did, not the way you remembered him, the adorable baby face was gone, and in his eyes you could see that he had been through a lot, but would not give up fighting. Something he had never done. You had not noticed that he had come to the pub too, but as soon as you had seen him, you had known you wanted to talk to him. Only that he did not want to talk to you.

You felt exhausted. You had not really known the man who had died, other than that he had been in your geography class once. It was the pain of his family and close friends that exhausted you; you felt their pain, and you were glad that someone had suggested a little get together after the ceremony was over. People wanted to forget their pain, some helped themselves to alcohol, others just chatted, a few had started swinging to the upbeat music. Slowly the pub was turning into a little party, and you were too tired to stay around. Finishing your beverage, which you had already paid for, you put down your glass, and turned to the door, unable to not search for Gerard's face in the crowd one last time. But he was gone.

Outside it had stopped raining, and you put your head back, holding your face into the air, and looked up to the sky. The night had fallen, and it was terribly cold now, but the brisk air helped clear your stuffy mind a little.

Suddenly there was someone behind you, and quickly you turned around, coming face to face with Gerard.

"Hey."

His voice was soft, and his eyes full of worry and concern.

You felt like you were drowning in the slight panic that washed over you. After all you had accepted that you would not talk to him again.

"Hey."

For a long while you just stood, and looked at each other. Gerard's eyes were of a deep hazel, slight freckles pulling over his cute nose, and his lips were full and perfect, just like they had always been.

A gust of wind blew a strand of his black hair into his face, and made you shiver from the cold; it was the first real movement between the two since you had spoken.

Quickly Gerard slipped out of his jacket, and wrapped it around your shoulders, pulling you a little closer in the process. His action made butterflies flutter in your stomach, and shyly you looked up at him, seeing a timid smile pulling at the corners of his mouth.

Following an intuition, you stood up on your tiptoes and pressed a quick kiss to his lips. When you pulled back, you saw he had closed his eyes, and a blush was dusting over his cheeks. Quietly he sighed, and opened his eyes again, the small light of hope flickering behind them.

"There's a... ahm, I think it's a Greek restaurant, just down the street..." he left the sentence hanging in the air, scared of your reaction, but you just smiled gently.

"Lead the way," you encouraged with shaky voice, and he nodded, offering you his arm to take.

The night wrapped both of you in, the music of the pub where the others were having a party, slowly fading away, as you walked down the street, into a new start for both of you.