Ray Toro x Reader - No Doubts and No Conditions

Summary: You wake up, on the bus, early in the morning, still confused about the kisses you shared with Ray last night, wondering where that leaves the two of you
Reader: should be gender neutral (no pronouns used)
Word count: 1 960

The sound of the tour bus motor being turned off was what woke you up. Sleepily you rubbed your eyes, turning to your other side to get a glance at the clock. Only a few minutes after five am. Certainly nobody was awake but the driver. Pulling the curtain in front of your tinted little window far enough to the side to get a glance outside, you saw you had stopped at a petrol station. Outside it was still dark, and only the lights that were illuminating the station were shining brightly.

You rubbed your eyes again, suddenly remembering the events of last night. A quiet giggle escaped your lips, and quickly you buried your face in the pillow, trying to hide it. You still could feel Ray's breath on your face, his hands gently holding your waist. You had never been so close to him, had never allowed yourself so much time to admire his eyes, the way they took you in.

It had been after the show, when everyone had wanted to go out for a late dinner. It was past midnight, and you declined their invitation, preferring to have quick dinner on the bus, and going to bed instead of hanging out in a diner. Ray had agreed with you, and together you had made sandwiches, which you had eaten side by side, sitting on the sofa in the bus.

How it had happened in the end, who had leaned in first, who had initiated the first of so many kisses last night, you did not remember. But you did remember the way your heart had soared, how butterflies had erupted in your stomach, had made you dizzy with euphoria. How long had you liked Ray? Too long, far too long. And suddenly kissing him had been better than anything you could ever have imagined. He had been so gentle, firm but so gentle when he had kissed you. His lips had tasted sweeter than you thought a kiss could taste, and his hands, rough from playing guitar all day, had carefully held you in place, brushing over your cheeks and jaw, down your neck. Sometimes he had even slipped his fingertips underneath your shirt, caressing the skin on your waist, as if testing your reaction.

But what kind of reaction had he expected? You had dreamt of him for years, so if anything his touch was barely enough. Then again, even the touch you got already sent your heart into a frenzy, being more than you knew how to deal with, so you were secretly glad he did not try to initiate more, because that surely would have been too much for your still somewhat confused mind.

Instead you had focused on what you got, Ray kissing you, his hands carefully running up and down your sides, as if you were made of the thinnest glass. It might sound like a cliché, but you had lost all sense of time. Although 'lost' was perhaps the wrong word. You had let go of all sense of time, happy to just drift along, while Ray and you had kissed, ignoring the world around you, ignoring that you were still on a tour bus, and your friends could come back any moment, and that you were band mates who probably should not kiss, especially not like that. But everyone deserved a few moments of utter peace in their life, didn't they? And this was one of yours.

You only had gotten interrupted, when the loud voices of the others had neared the bus, and jumping apart, it had taken only a quick glance between Ray and you to agree that it might be best not to be found like this, so you had slipped into the bunk bed area. The last glance you had taken at Ray was still burnt into your memory: His hair dishevelled, cheeks pink. He had smiled at you like he always did, in a way you previously thought you had only imagined, but now could see clearly: his eyes were so soft, so caring, and almost you would have gone back over to him, buried your hands in his hair and kissed him again, just for looking at you like that. But then the door to the bus had jumped open, and you had quickly retreated to your bunk.