Gerard Way x Reader - Possible

Requested on Wattpad
Warnings
: bullying
Word
count: 2 295
A/N:
I've got a cold (nothing major, just feeling shitty af), and my day was (due to a lack of lectures today) spent altering between sleeping, watching Season 1 Supernatural (they were so tiny), and eating/walking the dog. Useless info, but I need to whine a little :P Also that's the reason why today's update is earlier (I want to go to sleep again) and I didn't properly prove read this one shot, so excuse the more than usual mistakes please.

Quickly you lowered your head, making sure the hood of your jacket was covering your face in shadow as you slipped past a group of your classmates. Your heart was hammering in your chest, as you squeezed past them, while you hoped and prayed that they did not notice you, or at least would leave you alone. Luckily the plan seemed to have worked, because no hand grabbed your arm, and no dirty words got thrown after you, nor did any crumpled up papers or lunch left overs. So once you had made it past them, you walked around the next corner and quickly pulled off the hood again, knowing that the teachers did not like it. And it would have been really useless if you had gotten past your bullies only to get into trouble with some teacher.

But just as you had relaxed, and decided that you were out of danger, you ran into somebody with full force. While you were still stumbling backwards the tension immediately returned to your muscles, and not just to keep your equilibrium, but to be ready to bold should it be necessary. Instead a pair of hands securely took hold of your upper arms and steadied you on your feet, while a familiar chuckle made you look into the person's face.

"Careful," your friend Gerard laughed quietly, patting your shoulder once you stood safely on both feet, "are you okay?"

It was one of Gerard's talents to recognise when you were in distress, and that had also been the reason he had befriended you. Unlike pretty much the rest of the school, he did not seem to consider you a weird nerd. Instead he had shown interest in you from the first week on, always asking to sit next to you in the classes you had together, and going for lunch. Soon he had confessed that the reason why he had made it his mission to befriend you was the Lord of the Rings badge you had pinned to your jacket, and after you had started talking about the different masterpieces by Tolkien, you had found more and more books and movies you both enjoyed.

Now, three years later, you were still the social outcast, and much to both Gerard's and your discontent, your classmates had started to make it a sport to bully you. The main goal, as far as you could tell, was to embarrass you as much as possible, with as little physical contact as possible. A few years ago it had been comparatively harmless stuff like "(y/n) is in love with this and that boy". But over last summer it had shifted into obscenities and insults worse than you had been able to imagine. You did not want to admit it, especially not in front of Gerard, because he would go and try to protect you while getting himself into their line of fire, but it was hard. Really hard. You had started sleeping less, the fear of nightmares keeping you awake, and sometimes, especially at lunch, you felt so sick that you barely ate anything.

Slowly you remembered Gerard's question, whether you were okay, and you nodded.

"Haven't slept so much tonight," you shrugged, telling him only half of the truth, but since he did not know, he just hugged you quickly.

"Maybe you should go to bed earlier, instead of skyping with me all night long," he laughed and started wandering into the direction of the classroom in which your first lesson of the day would take place.

"Let's be honest though, what's more important: Star Wars or sleep," you asked with a giggle.

"If you put it like this..." Gerard grinned and turned so he was walking backwards, in order to be able to look into your face. He always managed to cheer you up so quickly.