Mikey Way x Reader - Set Up

Requested on Tumblr
Reader:
is the band's drummer
Word
count: 1 771
A/N:
Happy birthday, Mikey!

"I told you, I'm not gonna share with Frank again," you whined, pleadingly looking at the tour manager who was handing out the room keys, and wanted to, once again, pair you up with Frank to share a room.

"Why not, it's always worked so well," he asked confused, still holding out the key for you.

"No, it didn't," you gasped. "He takes showers at half past four in the morning when he can't sleep, and last time he started playing guitar in the middle of the night!"

"Oops," Frank laughed, "Thought you were asleep."

"I was! Until you started playing!"

"But it wasn't plucked in," Frank shrugged, "you just don't sleep very deep."

"Okay, okay, I see the problem," the manager finally agreed, "How about..." he looked around the lobby, his eyes locking in on somebody. "Mikey? Share a room with (y/n)?"

You almost froze when you heard the name; quickly you turned around, seeing Mikey was giving thumbs up. Oh no.

"Mikey it is then," the manager decided and shoved a key into you hand, "Frank, you share with Ray."

Of course it had to be Mikey you now shared a room with. You had hoped for a quiet night's sleep, but with how hard your heart started beating every time you merely thought of Mikey, you definitely would not be able to get one second of sleep when he was so close. And what made everything worse was that it was a double bed, not two singles, as you realised when you walked into the room.

Mikey seemed not to mind, at least he gave no indication that he did, as he threw his jacket on the bed. Rising his arms over his head, he stretched and yawned before he turned to you.

"Mind if I go shower," he asked, sounding far too casual.

"No, not at all," you replied, still trying to process the double bed.

After he had disappeared in the bathroom, you sat down on the edge of your bed. Biting your lip, you pulled out your mobile phone, and texted Gerard.

It's a fucking double bed

It only took him a couple of seconds to answer, but it was less than satisfying, being only a couple of cry laughing emoji. You rolled your eyes. Seriously, from Gerard, your best friend, the only person in the world who knew how much you liked his brother, you would have expected some emotional support.

Let me know how things went ;)

Frustrated you threw your phone on the pillow. He was seriously no help.

I want to know if he freaked out!

You read the message, and unlocked the phone to answer.

It's not a fucking reality show. He's completely chill.

He's not. He might look it, but I swear he's freaking out on the inside. Just make a move on him! He likes you too!

That was honestly the most helpful Gerard had ever been in the whole Mikey-matter. But it did not mean you believed him. Instead you sent him an annoyed emoji, and turned off the sound off the phone.

After Mikey was finished in the bathroom, you took a shower too, brushed your teeth and got ready for bed. He was lying on top of the duvet when you came out of the bath, a book, which you had seen Gerard reading too, in his hands. The lamp on the bed side table was casting a yellow light over his face. He shot you a quick glance, but continued reading.