Drabbles Challange: Ryan Seaman x Reader

Prompt 61: "They didn't just find out! They already knew!"
Word
count: 639

You loved these calm afternoons over at the Weekes' home. Breezy and Dallon had invited you, together with Dallon's band mate, over for coffee. Breezy always made cake; and you had a great time talking to your friends, playing with the kids, and joking around. It was relaxed, peaceful, and so far away from the hectic life you were usually bound to. But over the past few weeks the whole deal had lost a little bit of its tranquillity.

Ryan and you, unbeknownst to Dallon, Breezy, or anybody else for that matter, had fallen more than just a little in love over time, and had started dating. Technically it was not really a big deal, but for some reason you had decided to keep it a secret for now.

Maybe it was because Ryan was Dallon's band mate, and you were like a sibling to him, so both Ryan and you were a little concerned about his reaction.

But it was definitely very hard to keep your eyes off of Ryan for an entire afternoon. You just loved his smile so much, the way his soft hair fell into his face, the crinkles around his eyes when he giggled. And it was almost harder to keep a platonic distance between you. It had started weeks before you had gotten together, the gravitating towards each other, always standing close, always touching in some little way, be it a hand on the small of your back, or a playful push against his shoulder. And now that you were aware of it, you both tried to avoid it. But it was like trying to jump and staying in the air without touching anything. It was impossible, and you always returned back into each other's immediate proximity.

Dallon and Breezy were in the kitchen, the kids running around upstairs, giving Ryan and you a short moment to talk freely.

"This really gets ridiculous," Ryan chuckled, brushing a lock of hair out of your face, "maybe we should just tell them."

"What about Dallon, I'm still getting these 'overprotective brother'-vibes from him," you asked concerned, leaning into Ryan's touch.

"He's a grown up, and so are we, he has to deal with it," Ryan shrugged, "I just seriously can't do the whole 'we're friends, we don't like each other romantically'-thing anymore."

You sighed.

"Me neither."

"Then just don't?"

Dallon came walking back into the living room, carrying a plate of cookies. Ryan recoiled immediately from you, as if he had burned himself, and you felt your heart hammering in your chest.

"What," Dallon looked between the two of you with raised eyebrows.

"How did he find out," Ryan whispered into your direction, but staring at Dallon.

You looked at the bassist questioningly, not feeling like telling Ryan that probably your body language in the past seconds alone was telling enough. But Dallon seemed not surprised at all.

"He didn't just find out. He already knew!" you mumbled slowly, watching Dallon closely.

"Of course we knew," Breezy walked in as well, carrying a bunch of paper napkins, "Even a blind person would have noticed that you two are a thing now."

"Oh."

The sound from Ryan had something pitiful and you could not help but laugh as you relaxed against the back of the sofa, instinctively leaning towards him.

"So you're not mad," you asked carefully.

"Why would I be," Dallon returned the question, "As long as you're both happy..."

"Did they finally tell you?"

Knox and Amelie came running into the living room throwing themselves on the carpet.

"Oh, so they knew too," you asked in amusement, feeling Ryan wrap his arm around your shoulder, and nuzzle his nose into your hair.

"No, we had to tell them we already knew," Dallon answered, making his kids giggle.

"Told you," Breezy grinned, "It's painfully obvious."