Drabbles Challenge: Ryan Seaman x Reader

Prompt 13: "Looks like we're gonna be stuck here for a while."
Word
count: 1 979 (I've got no self controll when it comes to Ryans)

"Which room you said?" You pressed the phone to you ear with the help of your shoulder, trying to understand Dallon on the other end. "The recording room? Okay, got it."

Hanging up and shoving the phone into your pocket, you changed the hand in which you were carrying the heavy tool box. You were the person for everything around the recording studio, be it cooking coffee, repairing broken amps, or fixing loose chair legs. Just a couple of minutes ago Dallon had called you about a broke light bulb in the recording room, and now you wanted to fix it before going home for the night.

Through the window in the room with all the panels, you saw that the light in the recording room was still burning, and the sounds of a drum set were audible. Stepping closer to the window you recognized Ryan, who was playing around with a few beats, seemingly trying to fit them together somehow.

You hesitated for a moment. Over the past weeks you had grown increasingly fond of the drummer, and you had the feeling that this was not the best thing, considering he probably did not even know you existed. But on the other hand you were in and out of there in under three minutes, and then you could go home, so collecting your courage, you walked to the door, and pushed it open.

Ryan immediately stopped playing, and looked up at you.

"Hey," you greeted awkwardly, but Ryan just smiled as friendly as always, "Dallon called me about the broken light bulb."

You looked around the room and spotted the hole in the pattern of light sources that were spread all over the ceiling.

"Oh, yeah, thank you," Ryan nodded, "do you need help?"

"Nah, I'm fine," you told him.

Pulling the door closed behind you, you placed your toolkit on the floor, before you walked over to a chair which you pulled under the spot where the light was broken. Ryan watched you carefully.

"Shouldn't we turn of the lights or something, so you don't get electrocuted," he asked concerned.

"It's fine," you told him, "they have these special switches in here, see," you pointed to a small white dot next to the gap where the light bulbs were installed in the ceiling, "let's me switch of each light on its own."

You climbed onto the chair, and pressed the little button, before reaching to where you expected to find the broken bulb.

"Hm, that's weird," you mumbled and climbed off the chair again, getting a torch and a new light bulb from your tool box.

"What's wrong," Ryan inquired immediately, standing up, and walking over to you.

"There is no broken light bulb, there isn't a bulb at all," you explained, shining the light of the torch into the hole to be sure.

Then you took the torch between your teeth, and screwed in the new lamp, before pressing the small white button again, turning on the light.

"Some really funny person must've taken the bulb out without replacing it," you shrugged, preparing to climb of the chair.

Ryan offered you his hand for support which you gladly, but nervously, took.

"That's it," he asked, sounding almost a little disappointed.

"Yeah, no rocket science," you grinned, grabbed your box, and walked over to the door.

But when you pressed down the handle, it would not open. You tried it again, both pushing and pulling, even though you knew exactly that you had to push, but the door did not move.