Drabbles Challenge: Joe Trohman x Reader

Prompt 65: "I have a secret."
Prompt 90: "Trust me"
Word
count: 578

Were you bothered that everyone else in school thought Joe was weird? Probably not as much as other people thought you should be.

Joe was funny, passionate about the things he loved, always good for a surprise, but most importantly he was your best friend. You didn't mind that he often got into trouble for pulling off weird shit, because often enough you were the one who jokingly had suggested it to him, but of course other than you two nobody knew about that.

But one of your absolute favourite things about him, was that he did not mind cuddles. Of course your perspective on physical contact with him was a little tinted by the crush you had been harbouring for him for ages, but honestly, as long as he was fine with cuddles, you were fine.

And so the two of you ended up laying on your bed again, like almost every Friday night, both of you dressed into sweatpants and oversized shirts, or in your case a hoodie. You were laying side by side, his arm under your head, shoulders touching, both of you laughing about stupid jokes that made no sense to anybody but you. You were shivering, as always when you got comfortably tired, and you snuggled closer to Joe, trying to get some of his precious body warmth.

"Okay, okay, then tell me something I don't know," he challenged.

"Let me think... the heart of a blue whale-"

"I know an adult can crawl through it," Joe interrupted you.

"Shut up, I know you know. I was gonna say, that it only pumps eight to ten times per minute, which is a tenth of the frequency of a human heart, and transports 2 000 up to 5 000 litres of blood while doing so."

"Cool," Joe thought about it for a moment, trying to imagine how strong that heart would have to be, "but actually I meant something about yourself."

"Oh, ahm... I don't trust my dad's pumpkin pie anymore since he once used salt instead of sugar," you remembered, making Joe laugh. "So, your turn, what don't I know about you?"

Joe grew quiet, making you worry you had upset him, but before you could ask, he spoke up again.

"I got a secret."

You waited for him to continue, but he did not. Figuring he wanted you to ask, otherwise he would not have mentioned it, you turned your head to look at him.

"What kind of secret," you asked, but he shook his head.

"Trust me, you don't want to know."

"Then why did you bring it up," you wondered, "come on, tell me."

But Joe stayed quiet, pressing his lips together as if to stop himself from spilling his secret.

"Joe?"

You gently nudged your shoulder into his side, before leaning onto your elbow to be able to look into his face.

"I love you, okay?"

He sounded almost angry at himself for admitting it out loud, and you froze for a short moment, wondering if he had spoken the truth. But the way he had said it, the expression on his face, all that hinted at him having been honest, and when he turned his head to finally meet your eyes, you leant down, connecting your lips to his in a chaste kiss that made both of you blush furiously.

"This was a secret I wanted to know," you smiled, "Trust me."

And then you kissed him again.