Frank Iero x Reader - First Kiss

Requested on Tumblr
Warnings
: Spoiler for "Star Trek" (2009), in case anybody hasn't seen it (go watch it!)
Word
count: 1 621

"Okay, so... Terminator?"

Frank pulled a DVD from the shelf and presented it to you.

"Not again, we watched that only last month," you shook your head, "what about the third Harry Potter?"

"I don't like the Dementors," Frank complained, pushing the DVD back between the others, "one of the Mad Max movies?"

"Saw them with Pete a while ago," you shrugged and sat down on the sofa, "The Goonies?"

"We watched those like two weeks back, Lord of the Rings?"

"Saw all three movies with Gerard last weekend," you laid down, resting your head on the armrest.

"You hang out with too many guys while I'm busy," Frank jokingly complained.

"Star Trek?"

"Which one," he grinned.

"The first one, of the new ones," you suggested and he quickly grabbed the box from the shelf, feeding the silver disc to the video player.

The music boomed through the living room and revealed the main menu while Frank dimmed the lights and jumped onto the sofa next to you.

You snuggled against the pillow, careful not to touch Frank, and focused on the starting movie.

"They should make like a Klingon synchronization," Frank said, leaning back into the cushions.

"But no one understands it," you argued, sitting up to take a sip of the soda you had taken into the living room after dinner earlier.

"Some people do, comparatively many actually, I think," Frank defended, stretching and putting his arms on the headrest, dangerously close to your shoulders.

It was not like you were disgusted by Frank, or did not want him to touch you. Much the opposite really, but you did not want him to know that, you were friends after all, and you did not want to make anything weird between the two of you.

You just hummed in response and concentrated on the movie that was finally starting with the opening scene, trying to ignore Frank's arm that was almost, but only almost, resting around our shoulders.

You were a good hour into the movie and had just witnessed the destruction of Spock's home planet Vulcan. You had seen the movie a few times already, but you still felt a little chocked up, imagining how he had to feel at that moment. While the scene between him and Uhura, their first kiss, played out in front of you, you could not help but wonder how it felt to kiss someone. Was it normal to be your age and to never have kissed anyone? It had to be magical, to kiss someone you liked, you imagined, but how would you know.

The movie continued, but you were unable to pay attention to the storyline anymore. Your thoughts were running around in circles. What did kissing feel like? Would, when you eventually did kiss someone, that person be disappointed that you had no experience?

"I've never kissed anyone," you suddenly blurted out, of course at the most inappropriate of times, while one of the characters got tortured.

Frank turned to you, a look of slight surprise on his features.

"You haven't?"

You shook your head. "Do you think it's weird?"

"Well, I wouldn't have expected it, to be honest," he confessed, reaching for the remote and turning down the volume of the TV until it was almost mute.