Chapter 1

Ace's POV

"Welcome home." My brother yells at me as he walks into the living room where I sat. I get up as Tristan clasps his hand in mine pulling me in for an embrace as he had a big smile on his face.

"Okay get off me now, Jesus." I say as he laughs sitting down.

"So you just return home, you don't tell anyone."

"I told you this morning didn't I?" I ask him and he shakes his head looking at me.

"You been gone for sometime." He says as I lay back sighing. I was already tired thinking about today.

"Its been 6 months."

"That is a long time Ace." He says putting his big brother voice on. "6 months in prison is a lot."

"Here comes the speech." I say sighing. "How is the baby?" I ask him quickly changing subject. "Ready to come out any minute now. Probably waiting for you to come home." He says as he mumbled.

"Ive been living with Serena in the new house. You should come tonight. Have dinner with us there."

"I rather not." I say feeling uneasy. My stomach was doing flips at just the thought of Adele.

"She won't be there." Tristan says and I nod. He knew what I was thinking.

"You're home now. Its time to move on." He says.

"I didn't mean to hurt her." I tell him. "I didn't mean for it to get that ugly."

"You have to wake up from this little child-ish dream you have going on with Adele. You nearly killed her. She stabbed you. You nearly died. Enough is enough... Clearly it wont work out between the two of you."

That night probably replayed in my head every day every minute whilst I was in prison. It escalated so quickly- I was so angry all I saw was red and I remember us fighting... I went after her in the kitchen and she stabbed me in the side. I nearly died. I never saw that coming. Yes our fights get ugly but I didn't think she would have done that...

I love Adele. Its funny because how is she the person I hurt the most? I was one fucked up human.

"How has she been?" I ask Tristan who just looks at me.

"I don't know." He says shrugging.

"You're dating her best friend?" I say frowning.

"To be honest. I have not seen much of Adele. Serena does sometimes but... I think shes avoiding me like the plague.. she thinks I'm upset with her?"

"Why?"

"She nearly killed my brother?"

"Oh yeah." I say and he laughs.

I was arrested at the hospital as soon as I recovered from my stab wound. Adele was arrested because she stupidly called an ambulance.

She was let out because she was covered in bruises and shit so I told them she was trying to defend herself. So I got 6 months for assaulting Adele. I have not seen her since that night. I wasnt allowed to contact her and she wasn't allowed to contact me in prison.

"I'm going to shower and get some sleep."

"Do your friends know your back?" Tristan asks and I shake my head.

"Not yet..."

"Hellooo." I hear at the door making me look at Tristan. "I had to tell her?" He says as my old step mom, his mom walks into the room. She was basically my mom...