Chapter 16

Tristan's POV

My own mother ambushing me like this. I couldnt believe it.

Izzy stared at me awkwardly as she stood in my mother's kitchen next to her friend. I even knew her friend because we all went school together, I just couldnt remember her name.

"What the fuck is going on?" I say annoyed. This whole situation just started to stress me because seeing Izzy just made it all real.

"Tristan." My mom says and I look at her. "No, what is this?" I say confused.

"I was kind of too scared to come clean. Every time it felt like its been to long so I would just delay." Izzy says. Her British accent threw me off even more. I forgot she was even British to start with. Her parents moved here for work and she left to move back to England with her grandmother a year later.

"What accent is this? Is this British?" Ace says

"You're saying what exactly?" I ask her again. She looked different than the 14 year old I remembered. She was a grown woman here.

"I fell pregnant and thats why my parents moved me back to England to live with my grandmother." She says. "Eh, so I have come back recently..."

"You were pregnant with my child?" I say confused. She nods. "I gave birth to your child. Your child is 9 turning 10 in a few weeks."

"What is wrong with you?" I say confused. "Why now?"

"Well I felt like one day I would. One day never came. Then Lisa bumped into your mom." She says pointing at her friend. "That kind of forced me I guess?"

"You're fucked up." I say. "You're actually fucked up for doing that."

"Tristan..." my mom says stopping me as I get up to leave because who the fuck does this.

"So you can do a DNA test if you want."

"Ofcourse he does." Ace says

"Do you guys want tea? Coffee? I have lemonade?" My mom says and I just shake my head walking out. I needed to clear my head. This was too much.

I walk outside and Ace walks out with me as I light up a cigarette.

"Is this a joke? Anyone gonna jump out and say I've been pranked?" I say to him and he just looks at me.

"Look, its not the worst deal? You already have a child. Its okay.... You can do another one? You're a good dad Tristan." He says and I just sigh.

"Its not like you had a manual or a good dad as an example."

"I wish he was here so I could punch him." I say and Ace laughs. "He will probably show up next when you are 50."

"Serena is going to freak the fuck out."

"Jesus. Its not like you cheated and had a baby on her? Come on."

"Still."

"She's reasonable. As much as it pains me to say- she clearly into you for whatever reason especially if she purposefully got pregnant."

"She's gonna lose it." I mumble. I walk back into the house eventually. My mom was sitting next to the girls having tea. She really pissed me off because she was supposed to better than this?

"Look." My mom says showing me a phone. I look at the picture. The kid looked like me. It was a boy. He was laughing standing next to his mom.

It just pissed me off even more.

"10 years you let me miss out on." I say to the girl.

"Look- I was 14." She says. "My parents sent me back... they said you were bad news. What did you expect? You took my dad's car and we went to a different city. You showed me weed- how many times did my dad kick you out my house? Then when I finally plucked up the courage and was 18 and moved out,  I was told you were in jail."