Chapter 36

Serena's POV

The next day I came back home with the children. As much as I loved Adele and the kids loved being there, she needs her own space.

I was beyond heartbroken how things have ended with Tristan and how he's treated me. Its like he just flipped the switch to angry side.

I cried all night but now I had to be a mother and carry on.

I make breakfast and sit down with the kids as I feed Toby and Remy just stares at us with her big beautiful brown eyes.

In my head Tristan would come home and kiss me and throw the kids in the air and I would be so happy. I think what hurts the most is that I loved him a lot? Like I was inlove with the guy. The sight of him made me feel warm and fuzzy. Now all I felt was sadness and hurt.

The wave of sadness was constant. Even when Im laughing with the children its there. Even when im watching something.

"Helloooo. Christmas arrived late this year." I hear my brother saying as I was cleaning the mess after dinner.

"You guys are back?" I say seeing Theo, Matteo, Sammy and Jackson appear.

Toby runs up to Jackson who picks him up. They were all carrying gifts. My brothers were so funny. Their presence in the house was nice.

They hug me one by one and the kids as we sit down in the living room.

"How was Christmas?" Theo asks me.

"Good." I tell him. "You have a girlfriend." I say to Jackson. "And I had to hear it from Kayden's friend?"

"You have a girlfriend?" Matteo laughs.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Sammy says.

"Well... you guys are embarrassing?" He says. "Bring her for dinner." Theo says

"Nope!"

"Why?" I ask and he laughs. "You guys are crazy and I like Kayla."

"Eugh you loser." I tell him.

"As if you enjoyed bringing Tristan around these losers?" He says and I nod. "That is true."

"Where is Tristan?" Theo asks. I think he really got on with Tristan recently especially after the baby.

"He doesn't live here anymore."

"What?"

"He doesn't live here anymore." I repeat.

"I heard you first time?" Matteo says and I roll my eyes.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. Were just not into each other no more."

"Lies. Why do I see tears in your eyes?" Sammy says and I frown. "What tears?"

"Shut up Sammy." Jackson says as he hugs me making me laugh. "I'm fine." I lie.

"Why did you guys break up?"

"We don't need to get into that?"

"Did he hurt you?" Matteo asks. "Why you automatically going there?"

"Because were men. We know men."

"You didn't answer the question."

"No." I say and Sammy grabs my wrist. "Whats this?" My wrist was still red and sore from Tristan's battle for the pregnancy test.

"You seen right how Ace and Adele look on a daily. Theyre like bruised and battered."

"So? Tristan would never hurt me." I say frowning. "I messed up and I let my ex Adam in the house. He came by out of nowhere."