Chapter 34

Ace's POV

"Hey." I say hopping into the kitchen.

"Hi." Adele says. "I am sure you lived here?" She asks me. She sat at the kitchen table with a plate of food.

"I did." I tell her. She's been back home a day now so I thought I'd come by again. Its not like I could bring her home with my broken leg because I couldn't drive, but I did meet her home when she came. I need to get myself a personal driver.

"So why you not living here?"

"Well you kind of dont remember me like that. Also your whole family here." I chuckle. "I just thought to give you space."

"I see." She says staring at me as I sit down. "You want some?" She asks. "They kind of finished the rest." She says giving me a fork as I eat the pasta with her.

"I feel like you have a million questions." I say as she just stared at me. She was a bit different around me. Like she didnt know me and was just trying to act all proper and good. She was being polite basically.

"So... you sell drugs?" She asks and I laugh.

"So you dont remember at all?"

"Well I remember what people said about you and your friends." She says. "And I remember that night when I was working and met you. We had sex in your car and ate pizza at my place."

"Damn."

"But that feels like couple months ago to me but its been years." She says and I nod. "So you just buying houses for girls and nice cars. I saw my closet and there is just designer in there."

"No. Just you." I say and she just looks at me.

"And I accepted all this?"

"Well you tried not to but I get my way a lot." I tell her and she just chuckles.

"What else you paying for?"

"So technically you bought this house yourself. I just paid it off. Its the old one I bought and the new one were supposed to move into."

"What else?"

"That stuff doesnt matter."

"Yes it does." She says

"Couple of cars."

"And my siblings?" She says and I just eat the food. "College tuition for all three of them."

"Your siblings are kind of like mine? If that makes sense."

"Were that close." She says. "Its been 5. Well not all 5 years probably like 3 in total. I spent one in jail. Well 6 months and them couple of months here and there."

"I see." She says.

"I have a father now." She says laughing.

"Yeah... you were close with your step dad too." I tell her and she just stares at me. "Which one?"

"Not those ones. James." I clarify.

"Wait you know about those?" She asks me and I nod. "Yeah. I know everything about you. I probably know you more than anyone else does." I tell her and she just smiles at me before she leans in kissing my lips.

Adele I know's love language is physical affection and sex. Her couple years back... thats all she knew how to deal with me. Not that I was complaining.

"You're cute." She says to me making me chuckle.

"So what you're into me?"

"Like every other girl in New York city. People gossip about you at work."