Chapter 27

Adele's POV

"Its a good day because I am so excited..." I say skipping around the house.

"Whats happening?" Ace says to me as he had just woken up and had a massive hangover from his one year old nephew's birthday party. He had one eye open looking at me before he rubbed his eyes.

"My mom. They're taking off her ankle monitor."

"They are?" He says and I nod.

"Shes going to LA. To see my uncle and his kids."

"Gone for two weeks!" I say and he just laughs at me. "God you're so loud." He mumbles taking my hand pulling me into his lap as I put my arms around him. Whenever he was sick or hungover, he just liked to sit with me holding him running my finger through his hair.

"So you're saying we have the house to ourselves for 2 weeks?"

"Yep." I say as he chuckles.

"Well damn. Where is she? I might even drop her off at the airport now." He says making me laugh.

My mom walks into the kitchen smiling.

"I cant believe I'm a free woman." She says happy.

"Yeah... I cant believe it either."

"I know I've kind of been in your space since I came back and I do appreciate you guys so much."

"Yeah yeah. When you leaving?"

"I leave in an hour." She says and I nod. I hear the front door and I wonder whether its Kayden or the housekeeper but then I see look up and I see Paris standing in the kitchen.

"Whats happening?" I say confused as I get off of Ace's lap looking at her. She had her hair straightened and falling down wearing jeans and a big hoodie.

"Hey!" My mom says hugging her. "What you doing home?"

Paris looks at me and bursts out in tears.

"I miss home. I miss you guys. I dont wanna attend that college. I dont like anyone there. I miss my bed. I miss London and you guys. I cried yesterday because I missed a one year olds birthday party. I hate it there. I quit college." She says and I look at Ace who just looks at me.

"So no 2 weeks?" He says as I chuckle.

"Paris. Why didnt you say anything?" I say hugging her.

"I hate disappointing you?"

"Can you not go to a college here? In New York?" My mom says.

"I dont wanna talk about college right now." Paris says still hugging me. I look at Ace who just laughs.

"Its nice to see you again P." He tells her as he got up. She lets go of me hugging him too before he walks back up the stairs. He was so hungover he probably didnt even register any of this.

My mom left eventually, Kayden appeared once he heard Paris was back.

I had promised Gia to make Ace come to a family dinner and Ace had agreed while he was drunk yesterday so I just really had to show him me in my pretty dress and he'd melt.

"You guys stop making a mess." I tell Paris and Kayden who were eating a pizza and had the living room covered in their foods.

"Why you gotta go today? Why don't you chill with us?" Paris says and I look at her cocking my head.

"Paris I cant put my life on hold becauae you decided to leave college. Remember youre an adult now."

"Well I was gonna say your dress is beautiful on you but I wont." She says making me laugh. It was a olive green short dress and I had my black heels on that had those strings tied up to your lower leg.