Chapter 4

Ace's POV

"You are on... probation for 3 months." My probation officer tells me. I look at the pass she was wearing around her neck. Eva.

"I know." I sat in her office tapping my foot. It was like a legal requirement every wednesday to come see her and then do my anger management shit. Otherwise, I was going back to jail.

I was not going back to jail.

"So how are things going so far?" She asks. She was a young woman. Probably in her late 30s. Pretty too. I feel like she was intimidated by me. She couldnt look me dead in the eye.

I pretty much have girls all figured out. I did from when I was 14 and realized God gave me the looks and the height. Tristan and I just caught peoples attention. Then I figured out girls love a guy involved in criminality. Others are scared of me, girls like to live on the edge. Rebel against their parents by sleeping with me.

Then the nice cars, houses, parties my friends and I threw. We were the main attractions of New York but we manouvered the drug world and we were getting loads of money.

All of that was on stand still when I was with Adele. It was like I felt important and loved by her with or without the money and shit.

"Adrian." She says as I was in lala land. I snap back into the room.

"Things have been good." I say.

"How you feeling?"

"Better. Less angry." I tell her and she nods. "Like my old stepdad, he was rude to my step mom and I stood right next to him but I didn't touch him."

"How did that make you feel?"

"Shit because now hes going to continue talking crazy to my stepmom. He thinks he can do that?"

"Why didn't you punch him?"

"My new nephew was there and my step sister."

"So thats good thinking."

"I guess."

"Have you seen your girlfriend?" She asks.

"She's not my girlfriend. We broke up."

"Because..."

"Because I put my hands on her and she stabbed me?" I say frowning. "Oh I see."

"Have you seen her at all?"

"Yeah. Well its not easy because she's best friends with my brother's baby moms."

"So what is it about Adele?" She asks me. "How can you make that relationship work or how can you move on?"

"Not sure. You got tips?" I ask her as she smiled at me. I had one task. Do not sleep with her. I slept with some girl few days back and I kept thinking about was Adele.

The only reason I was kind of excited to go Serena and Tristan today was because I got to see Adele. She helped me out with Chanel for two days. She'd come by and make sure she was good. But, she tried her best not to talk to me. One day shes all over me at the hospital wearing my chain, next she's ignoring me.

I just wanted things back to normal.

My stepmom was leaving today. She stayed for a good two weeks. So after probation I went to Tristan's place.

"Hey." Tanya says hugging me. "Hi." I say seeing Tobias in his little baby crib. He just stared at me.

"He looks less shriveled up." I say picking him up. "You're so annoying." Serena says laughing at me.