Chapter 17

Serena's POV
5 years ago

"You know I am 16 right?" I yell at Matteo who was dragging me out the house.

"Shut the fuck up Serena." He yells back at me. I watched Sam walking into the house. "Stop it." I tell him but he was too strong. As much as I punched and kicked he just dragged me along unfazed.

"Get in the fucking car." He says

"Are you crazy!" I yell at him. His eyes stood angry so I knew he wasn't even joking. I open the car door as I watched Sam drag out Damon.

Damon pushed him off and punched Sam straight in the mouth before he sat on top of him. Matteo went over and pushed him off before he kicked him in the stomach. I shut my eyes. It was too much.

I watched Sam get up as they beat him. I get in the car scared because of all the commotion. Ive seen a lot to be honest. Ive seen people rob peolple who are dead after overdosing. It was all fucked up but I the people I hung out with were kind of the only people who didnt make me feel like shit. It was simple- we got high and I partied. I had friends all over the country who I just crashed with.

It was a crazy lifestyle... the lifestyle my mom lived and taught me? I was being fed, I was being provided with housing. Damon was 21. I was 16. It was wrong but... he was good to me. Atleast I thought.

"I dont wanna go home." I tell Matteo who got back in the car.

"Ive been looking for your stupid fucking ass for 2 months. You think youre not going home? Im gonna leave you in this crackhouse?"

"Why do you fucking care!" I yell at him. Matteo was sitting in the drivers seat. He turned around and smacked me in the mouth.

"I dont give a shit. At all." He yells at me. "What fucking drugs are you on?"

I just quietly sit in the back curled up.

"Where the fuck is your mom?" Matteo says as I get out of his big expensive car. "Stop slamming the car door shut like this."

"I dont know where she is." I say as he bangs on the door.

"She doesnt know where you are. You dont know where she is?" Sam says and I look at him.

"What do you want me to do? Just move out the way." I say climbing over the fence and onto the roof where I jump into my bedroom.

I walk down the stairs opening the door. "Shes sleeping on the sofa." I tell them and they walk into the house.

"Rose." Matteo says waking her up as he shakes her awake.

"Whats going on?" She says waking up. She looked like she was drinking all night.

"Your child was in some crackhouse with that older man again. You wanna take care of your child or what?" He says to her.

"Matteo what am I supposed to do? She doesnt listen to me? She kicks off and starts shouting and screaming when I tell her to stay home."

"Let her come with us. My father is in New York for a week."

"She doesnt want to."

I roll my eyes walking into the kitchen. No food, so I walk back outside. I wasnt going anywhere with them. I walk over to Adele's house which was a few blocks away. She was home always with the kids.

"Hey." She says as I walk into her house. She looked at me and smiled as she got up hugging me. "Havent seen you in a while."

"I missed you."  I tell my best friend. Adele and I grew up together. We went same school from young, our mothers ran in the same circles.