12. Shushed

Logan Newin's pov

"Please just work with me." I said trying to remain kind.

"No, you let the literal devil out of here! She killed my niece and her child!" The woman cried and I sighed.

I've been dealing with these people the past 8 hours.

"I'm aware of that. There is nothing anyone can do about it. Literally nothing so please ma'am just tell your family this news and I can be on my way." I said and she sighed.

I swear I would love to see this lady choke.

"Fine Dr. Newin my apologies for taking up your day." She said before leaving.

I sat my head on my desk and just took a breath.

My phone started ringing and I answered it.

"Dr. Newin who's this?" I asked trying to be calm.

"Hey Logan you almost done?" I heard Corbyn ask and I sighed.

"Yea I am, you home?" I asked.

"Yes just got home." He said and I nodded.

"Okay I'm coming." I said and stood packing up my stuff before leaving.

I got in my car and started driving. My office wasn't far from the house so I get there in 5 minutes time.

I went inside and Corbyn as well as Jonah were sitting on the stairs looking at me. I probably looked like a wreck.

"What happened?" Jonah asked and I looked down dropping my case.

"I've dealt with the Presidents family literally all fucking day. I swear nothing goes in their brains. They're mentally deficient and I can't deal with people." I said and I felt my anger and impatience bubble in my chest.

Corbyn came to me and pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back. I felt a tear fall.

"Sorry." I whispered and Jonah looked at me when Corbyn pulled away.

"Bro I could never do what you do. I don't know how you deal with people under circumstances like this. Your doing really good. You have bad days, you cry, doesn't make you any less of a man." He said and I sighed and nodded.

"Bad day? Logan you had a bad day?" A concerned yet beautiful voice rung curing me of all impatience or anger I once had.

"Yea but I'll be okay." I said and she skipped down the stairs and walked to me wrapping her arms around my neck.

"It's okay to not be okay." She whispered and I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her to me and I put my head in her shoulder feeling at home.

She smelled of flowers and it was soothing.

"Thank you." I whispered as I pulled away.

"Of course. Now you need to get comfy you look tired. If I'm being more realistic I would say like shit but your too pretty to look that bad." She said and I laughed tiredly.

I walked upstairs and showered. The water was so nice. I relaxed under the heat and washed myself up well.

I got out and brushed my teeth and got into some sweats before sitting at my desk and turning on my lamp.

I opened my laptop and I heard some soft knocks.

"Come on in." I said and Kat walked in. She came over and sat on my lap straddling my waist and her head went into my neck.

"You smell good." She whispered and I rubbed her back.

"Thank you baby." I said and she put her hand in my hair and started massaging my curls. I placed my head down a bit and she was just playing with my hair. I began typing a few emails and sent them out before closing my laptop and picking her up carrying her to the bed.

"Cuddles?" I asked and she smiled and nodded.

I placed her down and I laid down too. I moved above her before lying myself down.

"Your boobs make good pillows." I said and I could feel her body shake in laughter.

"Good to know." She said and I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her waist. Her legs were open and my head was on her chest as my chest was on her stomach and my stomach on her pelvic area.

She began scratching my head and I fell asleep soundly.

I woke up and I felt her steady breathing under me. I lifted my head and moved to the side lying my head on my hand.

I watched her face as she slept and I couldn't be more grateful for her. She calmed me down when I needed it and for that I will be in her debt whether she knows that or not.

"Good morning pretty girl." I whispered and she moved her head in my direction.

"Wake up." I whispered and she opened her eyes before closing them and rolling over to where her body was right by mine.

I sighed and picked her up having her legs straddle me and her head was against my chest.

I walked downstairs and the boys looked at me seeing a sleeping girl in my arms.

"God she's so beautiful." Corbyn said and I smiled.

I pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

I sat down on a high chair at the island and looked at Jonah as he cut fruits.

"What did you do yesterday?" I asked.

"Went to Bad Daddy's and then I sort of bought her any clothing item she even looked at." He said and Corbyn laughed.

"I would have done the same." He said and I smiled.

"She's literally so perfect." I whispered and they both looked over at her.

"Except that she's drooling on my chest." I said and they smiled.

"Oh shush you don't mind." Corbyn said and I nodded.

"Your right."

I stood and moved us to the table and kept her in my lap. She didn't budge at any movement.

Jonah came and put a big bowl of fruit on the table. He handed us each our coffee and I looked at Kat.

"Do you want fruit?" I asked her and she moved her head the other direction.

"Hellooo pretty, would you like fruit?" I asked and the guys started laughing.

"Shhh." She said and I laughed.

"She just shhhushed you." Corbyn said and I shook my head.