14. June 27

This chapter will have a trigger warning. It talks about Katerina's past and it's very morbid. Skip if you please but you might not understand some things in the future.

Katerina Lynn's pov

7.27

Today was the day that waited to drown me in sorrow. If I was only stronger then she would be alive.

I lost her. I lost her because I was weak mentally, emotionally, physically.

I got up and put my hair up in a bun really quick. I put a black shirt and grey sweats on.

I walked downstairs to see the guys at the table

"Hey someone take me to the Valley's cemetery?" I asked and they all looked at me.

"Uhm yea we can." Logan said standing and I nodded.

Then men followed him upstairs and I sat down taking fruits off their plates.

They all came out in black jean and shirt outfits.

They didn't talk as Corbyn grabbed my hand and walked me outside to the car.

I got in and he did as well, we buckled ourselves up.

No one spoke as Jonah drove. The drive wasn't long.

"May we wait here for you?" Corbyn asked and I nodded.

"Wait." Logan said and the three handed me a flower and I smiled. Logan gave a white rose, Corbyn's was bright red, and Jonah's was a deep red.

"Thanks." I whispered as I walked through the cemetery. I finally found her grave.

Kayla Lynn 2005-2012
Died at 7

I got in my knees and cleaned the dust off the stone. I was 11 when she was taken from me.

I know who did it but I killed them already. Poor father of mine. Awful awful human.

I placed the flowers on the gravestone and said a quick prayer to a god I questioned was real. I kissed my tattoo with her death date and walked back to the car.

"Hey babygirl you wanna talk?" Jonah asked and I cleared my throat.

"Yea actually. Home?" I asked and they all looked surprised.

"Of course." Logan said as Jonah began driving.

-

We got home and they all sat at the table as I did as well taking my place my Jonah.

"Specific questions. No crying, don't apologize, no feeling bad as well. None of that will change anything that's ever happened." I said and Logan looked at me.

"Do you happen to also have emotional detachment?" He asked and I nodded.

"I do."

"What's that?" Corbyn asked.

"She can shut off her emotions like an on and off switch. For example if she were to turn them on she might cry, be sad. But because it's off she feels bad but nothing too extreme." Logan said and they nodded.

"Well what is today?" Jonah asked me.

"Today is my little sisters death anniversary." I said and he nodded.

"What was her name?" Logan asked.

"Kayla Lynn." I said and speaking her name brought a darkness to her heart. As if it was a sin to speak of something so beautiful.

"How old was she and how old were you?" Corbyn asked.

"I was 11 and she was 7." I said and they nodded.

"May I ask who did this?" Logan asked and I sighed.

"My biological father." I said and their eyes widened.

"What happened to your mother at the time?" Jonah asked and I watched him more than the other two because he expressed less emotion.

"She was there." I said and they nodded.

"What age did you kill your parents?" Corbyn asked.

"4 years ago on this very day." I said and I smiled at the memory.

"Actually fact check I almost killed my mom but she killed herself first. Quite the sight. She was a very beautiful woman." I said and I could tell they were struggling with being strong.

"When were you diagnosed?" Logan asked.

"When I was 11. They found that I had antisocial disorders. As I got older I had gotten more violent." I said and he nodded.

"Do you know why your dad did what he did?" Corbyn asked and I took myself back to the horrid memory.

"Yea. When I was diagnosed he was angry. The night before I hit him with a bat in his sleep because he was physically abusive already to me. He loved my sister very much. I loved her very much. So when he woke up that night he took me to our basement at the time and tied my to a chair as he brought my sister down."

*Flashback*

"Dad what's going on?" Kayla asked.

"Oh nothing bad my daughter." Father cooed.

"Why is my sister on the chair?" She asked and he chuckled.

"You see I'm just trying to teach her what not to do. And that's to never hurt me." He said and I felt a tear hit my cheek.

He tied her limbs and I watched her struggle and cry.

He started stripping her clothes off and he laughed as I cried.

"No no no no no STOP!" I yelled over her blood spilling screams.

He was really doing it. He was hurting the only thing I loved.

"No dad no it hurts!" She sobbed and I cried harder.

He was laughing through this whole thing.

He picked up a knife and I watched as he slid cuts through her young skin. I listened as I heard her screams and cries of misery and pain before it stopped. My ears rang at the emptiness of her voice and my body froze as she fell to the floor limp.

"She was only 7." I whispered to my dad and he nodded.

*Flashback*

"She was only 7." I said and all three of them had their heads down.

"Wow." Logan said as he put his head up and his eyes were red.

"That's insane." Corbyn whispered.

Jonah didn't say anything as he stood and offered me his hand. I took it and he pulled me to his chest. One of his hands picked up my chin and kissed me hard. I kissed him back and it was passionate but I knew this was his way of apologizing without saying the words I so dearly dread.

He spun my waist and I was met with Logan's lips. I gasped and he placed his tongue in my mouth claiming me in a gentle kiss. I was turned once more to see Corbyn place both hands on each side of my face and press his lips to mine.

His mouth was more gentle unlike Jonah but firmer than Logan. He bit my lip and pulled away putting his forehead to mine.

"Go take a bath beautiful. Relax. You deserve it. If you need us just ask." He said and I nodded.

For the first time in a long time I felt needed. Valued.

I did as he said and went upstairs to my bathroom and ran the water.