Mattia Binotto

Kim's weekend passed in a blur of nervous excitement. She couldn't wait to meet the team, but at the same time, she wanted to just sit at home and wish it all away.

On Monday morning, Kim got ready to go to Ferrari HQ for the second time.

She dressed herself in black jeans and a white t-shirt. It was probably going to be a long day, and she didn't want to risk being uncomfortable the whole time.

Following the same routine as she did previously, Kim got ready and drove off to Ferrari HQ.

~~~~~~

A man stood waiting in the lobby of Ferrari HQ, a bunch of papers in his hands, awaiting his new driver. She wasn't late, no definitely not. He was early, and nervous.

To him, this whole thing seemed like a huge risk. One that would either benefit Ferrari like nothing else, or ruin Ferrari beyond anything.

But, he waited patiently.

Just beyond the glass door of Ferrari HQ, Kim pulled into the parking lot and got out of her car. She walked up to the door, and pushed it open.

Everything seemed familiar, except for the man standing in the corner. He looked up from the documents his nose was buried in and saw Kim.

He walked over.

"Good morning! You must be Kim?" He asked with a smile. He was nice, Kim decided. Maybe they'd grow to be friends, maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

"That's me." She replied, also smiling softly.

"My name is Mattia Binotto. Principal of Scuderia Ferrari's F1 team. I'll be your boss, I guess."

Her smile grew wider.

"Follow me."

He led her out the door, and around the back of the building. Trailers were parked there and a bunch of people walked around, all busy with something or the other. Mattia kept walking till he came to a building.

The Ferrari motor home.

~~~~~~

Kim followed Mattia into the motor home.

People were scattered around the place, all working. All of them however, looked up as Mattia passed and smiled.

Everyone seemed to like him.

The two of them continued on, to what Kim assumed was his office.

Once inside, Mattia shut the door, and invited Kim to sit on one of the chairs opposite his.

With the desk dividing them, they got down to business.