WD_4712

Dinner that night was cheerful and animated, with most of the discussions led by Irene.

And I must say, for a six-year-old, Irene was unnaturally intelligent and aware. In a lot ways, she was like a mini Addie.

Anyways, Addie, Charles and I spent the whole of dinner listening to what Irene thought of different things. It was very interesting actually, and I'm actually surprised to say I learnt more than a few things from her conversation.

At the end of it however, little Irene was completely burnt out. I think the day had held too much excitement for such a little body.

So, we had to cut dinner short. Not that any of us minded, we all had an early day of work the next day.

So, we all said 'good night', and went our separate ways.

But before we did, Irene made me promise 7 or 8 times I'd see her tomorrow.

Then, she grinned and left, pulling her mum towards the elevator.

"She's sweet isn't she?"

Charles chuckled.

"She is. And it looks like she's take a huge liking to someone."

I blushed.

"You're very good with kids, you know. When you were around, the little gumball didn't even look at me. And you were around all the time!"

I laughed at Charles' expression.

"Don't you think we should go now? We have to be up early tomorrow."

"You're right. Let's go."

Charles stood up and offered me his hand.

I accepted it and got up as well.

"Stairs?"

He nodded.

~~~~~~

20 minutes later, I had changed into my nightclothes and was lounging on the bed, scouring the T.V. for something good.

Well, there was nothing.

Eventually, I gave up and pulled my phone out. I hadn't checked it since I called Addie earlier in evening, and that seemed to be a mistake.

Notifications had blown up my phone.

Instagram, Facebook, twitter, everything!

So, one by one I started going through the notifications.

It was all fans. Support messages, thanks, praise and halfway through, one notification in particular caught my eye.

It was from a user called WD_4712.

I clicked on it.

It contained a series of pictures and some messages.

I scrolled up the private chat, looking for the first message

"Hi, Kim," it said. "It looks like you're a superstar. Fans and supporters, I couldn't be more proud. Don't let it get to you head though, dearie. Your fame only makes it easy for me to find you. You really should watch your back, you know. I miss you a lot."

Then there were a bunch of pictures which I didn't bother to open.

"And so does your prison cell."

Then it struck me. Hard and fast like it always did.

'WD_4712' was Warden Dexter, and somehow, he was still alive.