"Yes, Mattia. Sorry, Mattia."

I took Addie's phone and called Mattia.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey, Mattia..." I chuckled nervously.

"Kim. Where are you?"

"Italy."

"What?! Do you take me for a fool?"

"No, Mattia, I'm serious! I promise I'll explain everything when I return."

"You'd better. I'm sending out the reserve drivers for both you and Charles. You'd better be back by tomorrow." I heard him sigh.

"Yes, Mattia. Sorry, Mattia."

"It's okay, just don't do this again, please."

"Yes, Mattia."

"Okay, just go now. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yes, Mattia. Thank you, bye!"

He cut the call.

"So, that went well." I said to no one in general.

"Forget Mattia, Kim. I want to know something else. Who the hell is Warden?" Lewis asked.

"Can't I do this later?"

"No. Now."

I sighed.

"Fine."

I took a deep breath and started.

"I was born a Lauda, but my parents had trouble supporting me, so I stayed with fosters till I was five. But by then, my real parents had passed away, so Papa and my three-year-old sister, Nova, came and explained the whole situation to me. Then, my foster parents let me go, and came to live with Papa instead."

Now came the hard part. I took another deep breath and continued.

"One day, Nova, Papa and I, went to the park. We're running around and having fun, when we heard the ice-cream cart. So, as always Papa went to get us some ice-cream, and he told me and Nova to wait by the benches. Normally, the park was a nice place, and nothing bad ever happened at it. But, that day was different. That day, Warden was there. Warden knew who I was. And he wanted me for my powers," I lit my hands on fire for show.

"He'd stop at nothing to get to me. So, when Papa went to get the ice-cream, Warden kidnapped me, and Nova. She was 10, and I was 12. We were both scared. We didn't know what to do. And I began to panic. I didn't have much control over my magic then, and when I panicked, I accidentally released a bolt of energy, and knocked Nova out. I was so scared. I thought she was dead."

A tear ran down my cheek, as memories assaulted me.

"Warden took us to the middle of nowhere, and housed us in this giant fortress. I didn't see much of it though, I was trapped in a dungeon, chained to the walls. And everyday for a week, Warden would come in and beat me. He had this whip that he would use, and it was permanently stained with blood. But that wasn't the worst part. After that week, he started bringing them in. At first it was just random people, he'd kill in front of me. But after that..."

Another tear, more memories.

"My real parents. It turns out that they hadn't actually died, Warden had faked that, and captured them instead. Then my foster parents, and finally, Nova. She died when she was just 10. Because of me."

More tears cascaded down my face. I missed Nova so badly. Charles got off the couch and wrapped his arms around me, I hugged back, before I pulled away and dried my tears.

"Finally, 8 months later, the authorities found me. They took me away from the place but they never found Warden, so they told me he was dead. I believed them. Until I got a message from him in-"

"Portugal." Charles said, piecing it together.

I nodded silently.

"Oh, Kim." Addie got off the couch and hugged me as well.

Then Irene got up.

"Don't cry, aunt Kim. I'll beat up whoever you want me to. I'll just punch them like you did to that Wardy person. Like this."

She proceeded to do a really cute Bruce Lee routine, at which I laughed.

"You know, I think I'll hire you to be my bodyguard."

Irene nodded seriously.

"Let's talk payment later."

She launched herself at me in a hug.

I stuck my arm through the tangle of limbs to motion Lewis over. But I couldn't see him anywhere. I shrugged it off, I'd deal with it later. For now, I'd enjoy the hug.