Lando Trips and Addie Flips

After about 2 episodes of some sappy show Addie had chosen, my doorbell rang.

I jumped up, glad to get away, and walked down the corridor.

The doorbell rang again, and I picked up my pace.

Whoever this was was impatient!

Finally, I got to the door and pulled it open.

Standing there, with nervous written in bold on his face was Lando.

"Impatient much, buddy?" I asked, with a smile on my face.

"Sorry for spamming your doorbell, I didn't realise I pressed it so many times."

I laughed.

"That's okay. Do you want to come in?"

Lando smiled.

"Yes, please!"

I stepped aside to let him in and he tripped. Over his feet.

I reacted quickly, grabbing his arm before he fell.

But, I did it badly. And the two of us were now tangled in a half-embrace, with our faces really close.

And to make matters worse, Addie walks out.

"Hey Kim, who's at the... WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Addie! This is not what it looks like!" Lando said.

"Really? It looks like you guys are going to kiss each other!"

"Oh my god. Then it's definitely not what it looks like." I yelped.

"Sure it isn't! I trusted you guys! And you look very comfy!"

Realising that we were still stuck awkwardly together, Lando and I made an effort to distangle ourselves.

Which was a mistake.

A BIG mistake.

Because, I tried pulling my arm back, Lando lost the little balance he had and actually fell forward, straight onto me, with our lips smushed together.

Oh shit.

For a whole moment, we stared wide-eyed at each other, our lips still connected.

Until I heard retreating sobbing.

Addie!

I shoved Lando away, (carefully, I didn't want to end up dropping him) and ran after Addie.

After about 3 intense minutes of running around, I traced sobbing back to my bedroom.

Addie had shut the door, and probably locked it.

"Addie? Can I come in?" I asked quietly.

"No. Go away! I don't want to talk to you."

"Please, will you listen to me?"

"Why? So you can feed me lies?"

"No, so I can tell you the truth."

"No!"

"Please, Addie?"

This time she didn't reply.

So, as an experiment I twisted the door knob.

The lock clicked and the door opened.

Silently, I walked in and closed the door.

Addie looked up, with a tear stained face.

"I told you to leave me alone."

"And I ignored you. You have to listen to me Addie. What happened was an accident. Lando tripped and I caught him. You just found us at a bad time."

"Getting caught with something like that, there's never a good time Imani!"

I blinked. Did she just called me Imani?

"Please listen to me!"

"Say that one more time and I'll kill you. Shut up, okay? Just shut up! You know that I like Lando and you still kissed him! What kind of a person are you?"

I was starting to lose it now.

Most of me was tempted to throw a chair at Addie and yell sense into her. But, it would never work and I didn't think I had it in me to hurt her.

So, I did was any rational person would.

I stomped towards her and pulled her off the bed. Then, I forced her to look at me and pressed my fingers against her temples.

Finally, I took a deep breath and transmitted the entire memory of what happened into her head.

Suddenly, Addie's tear-filled gaze sharpened and she pulled away from me.

"How did you do that?"

That's when the realisation dawned on me.

I had just used my magic to transmit a memory straight into Addie's head, putting my abilities on show.

Oh, what had I done?