Addie My Rock

"Uh yeah! The wall of fame!"

"No way. You aren't posting these anywhere!"

"What? Why?" She asked, completely ignoring my irritated expression.

I gave up.

"Because these aren't my best results." I muttered, completely mortified.

Addie stopped and stared at me.

I looked down, suddenly finding my shoes extremely fascinating.

Suddenly, Addie walked infront of me. I guess I wasn't doing a very good job of hiding what I felt, because I could feel the confusion radiating of her.

"What's wrong Kim?" She asked softly.

"Nothing, I just..." I trailed off, feeling something drip down my cheek.

A soft hand wiped it away, and I took me a moment to realise that it wasn't mine.

I was never big on physically contact. In fact, there were only 4 or 5 people who could touch me without freaking me out.

But, there was something about Addie that put me completely at ease. Slowly, she wrapped her arms around me, covering me in a warm embrace.

I sank into it, gratefully.

Addie ran her hands up and down my back in a calming way. And my stress and anxiety began to fade.

I wished we could stay like that forever.

~~~~~~

Eventually, I pulled away from Addie.

My tears had dried, and I felt great.

Addie offered me a bright smile, which I tried my best to reciprocate, but I don't think I got there.

Silently, Addie pushed me towards the changing rooms and handed me my clothes.

"Go change," she said. "I'll wait outside for you."

I nodded and pulled open one of the stalls. Quickly, I showered and changed.

~~~~~~

Fifteen minutes later, I found myself arm-in-arm with Addie, walking towards my car.

She was grinning crazily at her phone, and even though I knew it was wrong, I snuck a peek.

I swear I saw a chat named Lando Norris on there!

So... I decided to investigate...

"So, who are you talking to?"

No reply.

"Adddiieeeeee! Who are you talking to?"

Still no reply. Only this time, Addie dear, was paying even less attention. Which resulted in her smacking straight into my car door.

She yelped.

And dropped her phone.

But I caught it and held it above my head.

"Who were you talking to?"

"No one...?"

"Sure, and I race for Mercedes. So tell me, who was it?"

I asked, with a huge grin on my face.

"No one! I'm telling you!"

"No one doesn't make you smack into my door Addie," I teased, fully enjoying this.

"Fine! I was speaking to lam..." She mumbled.

"What? Addie I can't understand you."

She was going to open her mouth to say something but she got interrupted.

"She was speaking to me."

I turned around.

Standing there, in all his McLaren glory, was the devil himself.

"My name is Lando, it's nice to meet you!"