Grounded By A Mad Scientist (Read: Mattia)

"Uh, hi!" I began nervously.

"No, don't do that. Just run, aunty Kim!" Irene yelped, grabbing my hand and pulling me along.

I ran behind her, and damn, this one was fast!

Charles, Addie, Carson and even that traitorous Kymara sprinted after us, while the rest of them cheered.

Finally, Charles caught upto me, and stopped me by wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Where are you running? We share the same hotel room!" Charles laughed.

I let go of Irene's hand, tickling Charles to get him to let me go.

"I'm not ticklish. You however..."

Charles tickled me and I screamed at him to let me go.

I was seriously ticklish. And I mean seriously ticklish. The minute you touched me I'd get goosebumps, or collapse into a fit of giggles.

"Stop- stop... Charles! Please... Please stop!" I yelled breathlessly.

"Nope. Not until you tell me what you were thinking. Carson! Addie! Kymara! Come interrogate the convict!"

"No! Don't you guys dar- Charles! Stop!"

I collapsed into another fit of giggles. My eyes were watering at this point, and my entire body ached from laughing so hard.

Then to make things worse, Addie arrived at the scene.

"What were you thinking?"

"I was not!" I panted out, still being tickled.

"Yeah, clearly. Disobeying my strategy? I almost told Mattia to bring you in!" Carson added.

"I know! I know! I'm sorry! Please just tell him to... Charles! Stop it! Help me you guys! Please!"

"Nope. You're on your own sweetheart." Kymara added.

"At Charles' mercy." Addie agreed.

"Save yourself, I'm going to get ice-cream." Carson said.

"Hey! Even I want ice-cream!" I giggled out.

"Sorry," this time is was Charles who spoke. "Sick people can't eat ice-cream. You're going back to the room to rest."

"What?"

"Yep!" Charles stopped tickling me and I broke away immediately, panting.

"You can't do that!"

"I can if you're burning up!"

"Yes, I agree with Charles, you're in trouble Kim." I froze as I straightened up.

"Mattia..." I chuckled nervously.

"Congratulations on your win!"

"Thank you!"

"Hmm... You're grounded."

"I- what?!" I almost laughed. "Did you just ground me?"

Mattia grinned his 'mad scientist' grin.

"I did!"

"What does that even mean?"

"It means, you're under... Room arrest for the rest of our stay at Portugal."

"You're punishing me for winning?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"No, Kim. Not winning, I'm punishing you for driving when sick."

I groaned.

"Please don't do this to me, Mattia!"

Mattia's 'mad scientist' grin grew wider.

"Begging is not going to help, little one. Charles is going to take you back to your room, and after that, you're not leaving. Irene will make sure of that."

I gasped.

"You were in on this too?" I asked the six-year-old.

"Yep. You needed to be punished for being naughty. So, I'm the police!"

Irene said, looking disturbingly happy.

"Fine. But do you guys really think it's a smart idea to leave Irene alone with a sick person?"

"Who said she was going to be alone?" Charles asked grinning.

"You guys are unsettlingly happy about this."

"We know." Addie said.

"It's our job! So, are you really for an evening of extreme discomfort?" Kymara asked.

"No!" I exclaimed, turning to Mattia. "You have to help me. Please! I didn't mean anything bad, I just wanted you guys not worrying!"

"Hello? Yes, sir? Oh? Of course sir, I'll be right there!"

Mattia grinned at me and left to complete the demands of his fake phone call.

Ugh. What a great team principal.

"Let's just get this over with. What's the agenda for tonight?" I asked, regretting it as soon as I saw the crazy light dancing in my friends' eyes.

This was going to be a looooooong night.