The Gala

The days after the crazy mall visit were fairly uneventful.

I designed a helmet, read some reports, got measured for my gala dress by the Ferrari stylist, met my new performance engineer (Selene had been fired), beat Addie at her own workout, left Charles in the dust in a foot race, set up an Instagram account and picked up my dress for the gala.

Oh and I wrote a speech! Apparently, because I'm the new driver, I have to present a speech and thank a bunch of people I don't even know. So, yeah... Fun times!

Anyways, me and Addie went to pick up our gala dresses today.

If I being honest, I was hella scared to open the dress bag.

Addie and the Ferrari stylist had apparently designed and ordered the dresses, and neither wanted to open their mouths about it.

So, either it had gone really well, and I'd look really good tonight, or it had gone really wrong, and I was going to be speaking in front of everyone in a garbage bag.

So, yes! Lots to look forward to!

~~~~~~

I pulled into my drive way, with Addie in shot gun.

Our dresses were in the back seat, spread out. 

We had an off today, because the gala would happen this evening, so I went to pick up Addie so we could get ready at my house.

The two of us got out of the car and picked up our dresses.

Addie, I noticed was biting her lip. She only did that if she was excited or nervous.

I sighed.

Pulling out my keys, I unlocked the door and switched on the lights.

"Please take you shoes off, Addie I just cleaned yesterday."

Addie nodded, bending down to untie her laces.

Once she was done, I motioned to her to follow me.

I led her to my bathroom. It was fairly big, and she could easily use it to shower and get ready. Then, I tunred the air-conditioner on in my room and went to get myself ready.

~~~~~~

About an hour later, I had showered, done my make-up (Addie had, I didn't even know how to use a mascara wand, or whatever it was called) and done my hair.

It was now the moment of truth!

I took a deep breath, letting the suspense build up and grabbed the zip of the dress bag.

"Just hurry up, and open the damn thing!" Addie groaned, from behind me.

I sighed.

"Such a kill-joy!"

I pulled open the zip and...