Addie The Hidden Helper

I rubbed my aching head, as I sat up.

I was still in the same hospital in the same bed.

Good. They didn't try to move me. That would have been a disaster.

I pulled myself off the bed and walked around the room a few times. Because I had been less than mobile for a week, my legs didn't seem to want to work. But, that wasn't an issue, it would pass soon.

The matter at hand was cleaning myself up.

I tripped my way over to my beside table and searched for the 'nurse remote', and hit the button on it.

Immediately, Sophia walked in.

"Kim! You're awake!"

"Sophia, yes I am. How are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you. But I'm the nurse, so leave the health related questions to me please. But the way, you look as good as new."

I grinned at her.

"I know. Thank you, though. Also," I said, dragging out the 'o'. "Can I have a shower? I'm feeling all icky."

"Oh, of course! Right now?"

I nodded.

"Okay, come on."

She took my hand and led me down the deserted corridor.

"Why is no one out?"

"It's the break."

"Oh... Wait. Are you on break as well?"

She smiled.

"Well, I was..."

"Oh. Why don't you go back for your break then? I'm sure I can find this place on my own."

"Don't be ridiculous. You can barely walk, much less navigate a hospital. Plus, you have good timing. I had just finished eating when you alerted me."

"Eating? Wait, what time is it?"

"6 o'clock."

Quickly, I did the maths.

"Oh, that makes sense."

Sophia nodded.

"Okay, here we are." She pushed open a door and led me inside. "You can shower here, and by the time you're done, I'll be waiting outside with a towel and a new gown."

"A gown?"

"Yes, I'm sorry, but I don't have anything else to offer you." Sophia looked guilty.

"Ah, that's okay. I'll figure it out. Don't stress. And thank you!" I grinned at her and closed the door to the shower.

The whole thing was like a mini apartment bathroom, with a commode in one corner, a mirror on the wall, and a shower.

And it was VERY white.

I headed over to the mirror to see how well my plan had worked.

Well, it had worked.

My skin was completely free of burns, and all the broken bones I had, had all healed.

Great!

I spent a few more seconds scanning my reflection, until I stopped at my face.

I tensed.

A long jagged scar stretched across my left eye. My silver eye.

My eyes had changed colour again. And judging by Sophia's lack of surprise, they must have just done so.

I sighed.

I wasn't going to get away with it this time.

I peeled my clothes off myself and showered. The hot water eased my stupid headache, and made me feel better.

Finally, when I was done, I turned off the shower, feeling clean and fresh.

True to her word, Sophia passed me a towel and some clothes and a tooth brush with some toothpaste.

Wait, clothes?

Didn't she tell me she had nothing to offer me? Not that I was complaining, I just wasn't jacked up on the idea of wearing someone else's clothes.

I dried myself and pulled on the black jeans and black t-shirt.

Hey, wait a minute... Weren't these mine? I scanned the toothbrush carefully, also mine.

Oh! Addie brought the stuff!

I quickly brushed my teeth and burst out of the bathroom.

"They're here, aren't they?" I asked excitedly.

Sophia smiled and nodded.

"Come on, they're waiting."

I jumped and ran towards my room at super sonic speed, while Sophia followed slowly behind.