Irene Saves The Day

I woke up the next day, feeling sick. My head was pounding and my feet ached, and my back ached, and everything ached. I groaned as I pulled myself off the bed.

Judging from the empty space beside me, Charles was already up.

Still groaning, I staggered over to the bathroom, and locked the door. I quickly brushed my teeth and had a shower, before realising I had left my clothes outside. Yay!

I wrapped my towel around me and walked out...

To see Arthur and Charles sitting on the bed (How did I not hear them come in?).

The two of them looked up at the same time, and their eyes widened. Welp, it was too late to run back into the bathroom now.

"Hey, boys!"

"Kim." Arthur gulped.

Charles just stared at me while I strolled over to my suitcase.

"It's rude to stare, you know."

Charles cleared his throat.

"Yeah, sorry."

He looked away, quietly, his face completely red.

I grabbed my clothes and strolled back into the bathroom to put them on, and emerged, a minute later fully clothed, to find Arthur and Charles discussing something in hushed voices.

"What are you guys upto?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Nothing!" The two of them said together.

"Okayyyy. Breakfast?"

"We're good thanks, we've already eaten."

"Okay, I'm going down for-" before I finished my sentence, my phone began to ring.

It was Addie.

I picked it up, surprised to the hear the voice on the other end wasn't Addie's.

"Good morning, aunt Kim."

"Irene! Hello, sweetie. What's up?"

"I just called to ask if I could spend the day with you? Mommy's going out with Lando."

"Sure! I'm free. Should I come up to your room?"

"Yes, please. I'll go get ready. Thank you, aunt Kimmy. I'll see you later."

"Bye, Irene!" I waited a moment and then cut the call.

"Okay, nevermind." I said, turning to Arthur and Charles. "I'm going with Irene. Also, I'm taking one room key with me, you can have the spare." I told Charles.

He nodded, and got off the bed.

"I'll see you later, then." He pecked me on my lips.

"Okay. Bye!"

"Bye, mon amour."

I pulled on my shoes and walked out the door, looking forward to the day.