The Race

(Kim's POV)

I spent 2 whole weeks of my life doing nothing at all.

Literally, nothing.

I thought because I was a driver, I'd have interviews to attend, reports to check, engineers to meet... Something, actually!

But apparently, not.

And if the fact that I wasn't busy at all wasn't bad enough, everyone else seemed too busy for me!

Over the two weeks leading to the first race of the season, I barely spoke to Addie, Charles or anyone for that matter.

In fact, here's the laydown of my life at that point:

My car wouldn't be ready until race weekend (which meant I'd have a disadvantage compared to the other drivers), my friends had deserted me, and I had nothing to do!

Therefore, my life was simply wonderful!

Until, Sunday.

Where my life genuinely took a turn for the better.

~~~~~~

I got up from my couch early on Sunday morning, and got ready for work.

It was race day today, and I'd finally get into my car.

I was so excited!

I got ready in record time, and then drove off to the track (the track was where I'd spend my whole day).

Everyone was already there, when I reached.

I walked into the garage with an excited grin on my face, and was spotted by Addie.

"Kim!" She shouted, running towards me. She had a big bag in her hand, and it swung very wildly, almost taking out a few computers on the way.

"Oh, look! You finally figured out I continue existing!"

I remarked dryly.

Addie rolled her eyes.

"You know perfectly well, why I couldn't talk. Please don't be that way."

I stared at her for a moment, before I broke.

"I know! But, I missed you!" I whined, hugging her.

She hugged back.

"Me too!"

We stayed like that for a few more seconds, before we pulled away.

"So! Back to business-what's with the bag?"

"Oh yes, this!" She handed me that bag. "Your race overalls, and everything are in this bag. You need to put these on before you get in the car."

"Gotcha! What time do I have to get into the car?"

She thought for a moment.

"20 minutes before the race."

"Cool! I can't wait. By the way, what do I do till then?"

Addie was on a phone call, turning to leave.

"Just relax, or something." She added absent-mindedly, and then continued nodding at whoever she was talking to, leaving me there.

"All I've done over these past two weeks is relax!" I muttered to myself.

I checked my watch.

Charles wouldn't be here yet.

So, I had two options.

Either, I could go find another driver to pass time with, or... I could spend time on my own...

Option one it is!

~~~~~~

I walked into the Mercedes garage, looking for Toto or Valterri or any friendly faces actually.

I just stood there, in the middle of it all, looking around, until someone tapped me on the shoulder.

"Can I help you?"

I turned. A lady with blonde hair, and a kind smile stood there.

"Hi, there! I was just here to see if Toto was here. Do you know where I can find him?"

The lady frowned.

"I'm sorry, dear. Toto is busy right now. Would you like me to tell him you came for him?"

"Oh... No, it's okay, I just wanted to talk to him for a minute. No matter, I'll see him-"

"Hey, Angela! Who are you- Kim?"

"Hey, Lewis! This is..." Angela trailed off, realising she hadn't asked me my name.

"Kim, I know. What are you doing here?"

I smiled.

"Have any time for a little sister? My team is too busy for me."

He smiled.

"All the time in the world. So, what's the plan?"