The Nickname Contest

Mattia spun on his heel, turning to face Selene's direction.

"What did you say?"

"It-it was me sir. I'm sorry."

"You're sorry? Good for you!"

Selene looked up, her mouth opening and closing like she wanted to say something, but no words came out.

Mattia looked at Charles.

"I'm sorry. I should have fact checked before I yelled at you. I was just so angry, and though I understand that isn't an excuse, please forgive me, what I did was out of line."

"I'm sorry too. I should have kept a closer eye on the blueprints. It just didn't strike me that something like this would happen."

Charles replied, smiling weakly.

Then the two men nodded at each other and Selene was back in the spot-light.

"You! My office! Now!" Mattia's tone softened. "The rest of you have the day off. Give you guys time to know each other. Have fun, and return for check out. All the real work starts tomorrow."

Then Mattia turned and walked off, with Selene on his tail.

~~~~~~

Addie turned to Charles.

"Hey, how are you? Met Kim yet?"

Charles looked up, his weak smile turning into a grin.

"I'm fine thank you, but I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting my teammate."

I smiled at him, but in my head all that sloshed about was Selene.

"It's nice finally meeting you too," I said, finally able to string a sentence together.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing. I'm just wondering about Selene..."

"I know. I am too. And judging by the look on McAllister's face, she is too. But, why don't we leave that for later? I was thinking a proper introduction first?"

I smiled widely.

"Sure! My name is Kim Imani Mae. I'll be your new teammate. Also it's really cool to finally meet you, I'm a big fan!"

Charles laughed.

"My name is Charles Leclerc, and yes, it is really nice to finally meet you. So, would you like a tour? Or if Adelaide's already shown you around, maybe we can do something else?"

"Nah nah nah! That's where I'll stop you lord Percival! Don't you dare try to over-write my tour giving skills! Let's do something else. Like... Show her the track! She'll love it there!"

Charles grinned.

"Sure Australia! Let's show her the track."

"See?" Addie asked turning to me. "That's how you plan a brilliant day with Chuck. Any questions?"

I grinned.

"Yep! Do you guys run out of nicknames? I've already witnessed at least 4."

"Darling, of course we don't! Now go get in your car. We have to beat Eclair to the track!"