'Harrison Heart-throb💕'

I was lazing on the bed, after dinner wating for Charles to finish with the bathroom. Irene had gone back to her room, with Addie, after profusely thanking me for the amazing day.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed.

I picked it up from beside me and unlocked it.

It was Harrison.

'Hey!'

'Hey, Harrison!' I replied.

'Am I disturbing u?'

'nope'

'Haha, cool.'

'So, what are you upto?'

'I'm messaging a pretty girl.'

'I'm going to assume you're talking about me and take as a compliment.'

'🤣🤣 please do.'

I smiled at his text.

'Has anyone told you you're a horrible flirt?'

'Nope. They all said I was irresistable.'

'Oh, I'm sure they did. You have flattering dreams, Haz.'

'I know. By the way, congratulations to you and Charles! I was secretly hoping you two would get together.'

"Aww, thank you Haz! That's so sweet!'

'I know! I'm giving up the girl of my dreams to Charles Leclerc, he better treat you well!'

'😁😁'

'I'm obviously kidding, tho. Charles is a great guy, he'll treat you like a princess.'

'You're very sweet Harrison. Could you gimme a minute? I have to go brush my teeth.'

'Sure!'

'See you in a minute!'

I threw my phone on the bed, and left to brush my teeth.

~~~~~~

When I came out of the bathroom, I found Charles sitting on the bed with my phone in his hand.

"Charles? What happened?"

"Who is Harrison?"

"Harrison Osterfield."

"How does he have your number?"

"He actually gave me his number, but then I texted him, so now he has mine."

"Why is he texting you?"

"What is this, twenty questions?"

"Yes, actually. I want to know why Harrison Osterfield is messaging my girlfriend and calling her 'love'."

"You read my messages?"

"You're answering my question first."

"Fine. First of all, Haz is British. 'Love' is a pretty common nickname there. I even call Irene 'love' sometimes. Secondly, you've gone through private messages of mine, which is something you had no right to do."

Charles laughed sarcastically.

"Yeah, I'm sure 'Anything for the pretty lady, love' isn't a common thing even in Britain. Plus I didn't go through any messages of yours. I saw a notification. And I think I'd be allowed to go through your messages if they were suggesting that there was something between you and Harrison."

He passed me my phone.

My jaw dropped.

"You think I'm cheating on you?"

Charles didn't say anything.

"You, dolt! You honestly think I'm cheating on you?"

Still, no reply.

I lost it.

I unlocked my phone opened the text window, and chucked it at Charles' face.

"Read all the damn messages. Every. Last. One. And when you find your sense, don't find me. I'm not going to even look at you until you realise how badly you've screwed up here."

I turned around and walked off. I was going to go spend the night in Addie's room, I couldn't even deal with Charles right now.

~~~~~~

I knocked on Addie's door, feeling horrible.

She opened it almost immediately.

"Hey- Kim?"

"Hey, Addie."

"Kim? What are you doing here? What's wrong?"

"Charles." My voice cracked. "He saw messages from Harrison on my phone and thought I was cheating on him."

"What?!" Addie's face contorted with anger. "Ugh, what an idiot. We'll deal with him later. Come in. Let's get you to sleep."

I nodded and walked in dejectedly.

Addie hugged me.

"Hey, it's going to be okay."

"I know. I just wish this never happened. I thought he trusted me. This is so unfair! I don't ever doubt him. But the minute I get a text from someone I just met in the morning, he jumps on me."

Addie pulled away.

"That's what you call ridiculous alpha complex. He really likes you, Kim. I think he's just scared to lose you. But, seriously, don't get me wrong, I do not agree with his stupid way of going about it. What he did was just wrong. But forget that for now. Let's go to sleep."

"Thanks, Addie."

"No problem. So, you want to take the bed? I'll take the couch."

"Hahaha, nope. You sleep with your daughter,  I'll take the couch."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No."

"Yes."

"Exactly! I should take the couch. Thank you Addie, see you in the morning!"

Addie groaned.

"Oh, I'm so going to get you one of these days."

"Keep dreaming, bestie."

Addie smacked me.

"Good night, Kim."

I smiled as I lay down on the couch. Addie had that effect on me, but no matter how much dopamine slapped me in the face, I couldn't help but thinking that something was off about the fight I had with Charles.