Cuddles

By the time we had gotten back to the hotel, Irene was out cold, and Addie had turned paler.

It was only 5 o'clock in the evening. So, I decided to let Irene sleep for an hour and then take her for dinner.

So, I took Irene up to our room, while Charles waited downstairs with Addie for Lando.

I unlocked the room door and headed in, taking my shoes of carefully, so as to not disturb the sleeping beauty I was carrying.

Then, I headed for the bed and gently set her down. Just in time in fact, because my phone started ringing.

I quickly picked up the call.

"Hello? Kim, it's Mattia."

"Hey, Mattia. Good evening!"

"Good evening, Kim. I just called to let you know about tomorrow. We've booked off the track for extra trials, because you missed pre-season testing. So, I'd like you to get into the car tomorrow."

"Oh, okay. Do you need me to come in earlier tomorrow?"

"Yes, please. There's a lot of work to be done before FP1. So, if it isn't a problem...?"

"Sure, that's not an issue, Mattia."

"Great! Thank you, Kim. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Sure. Thanks, Mattia. Bye!"

"Bye, Kim!"

He cut the call.

I went through my suitcase to find my charger, I hadn't charged my phone since I had landed, and it was now down to 1%. How simply wonderful!

Finally, I found it and plugged it in.

Then, I pulled out my laptop, lounged on the bed beside Irene and began finishing the last of the report I had been working on.

About 10 minutes into the report, Charles walked in.

"You look like a mom, you know that?"

I looked up at him and put my finger to my lips.

Charles smirked at me, and then he tiptoed towards my side of the bed and whispered, "You know I'm right." In my ear.

I responded by swatting him away.

"Leave me alone!"

"Nope. What are you working on?"

"A report."

"Cool! Need help?"

"Nope. Go do something else."

"But I want to do something with you!"

My head shot up.

"What?"

"Nothing!"

I looked at him sceptically.

"Fine."

Then, I heard a small groan, and Irene shifted beside me.

"Aunt Kimmy, I'm feeling cold. Will you and uncle Shal cuddle with me?" Irene asked, softly.

My heart melted at the sight of her, and I agreed immediately.

Completely missing the shade of 'Ferrari Red' on Charles face.

Hey guys, I'm sorry about this chapter, truly. I kinda lost my inspiration somewhere in the middle, I promise you guys the next one will be better.

Sorry again,

-Artemis_phoneutria.