Warden Isn't The Real Threat, Mattia Is

I collapsed from exhaustion, resulting in everyone surrounding me worriedly.

"Are you okay, Kim?" Addie asked.

"Mmhmm. I'm fine, my side hurts little bit." Understatement. My side felt someone was rolling hot pokers on it.

But I guess, Addie must have known, because she and Charles helped me up and carried to the door.

While Lewis held Irene's hand and trailed behind us.

"Where are we?" Irene asked.

"This is Kim's house." Lewis answered for me.

"Wow, it's very pretty! Did you build it?"

"Kinda, yes." I replied.

"By the way," Lewis butted in. "You owe us an explanation, missy."

"For what?"

"Warden. Also, we just watched you beat someone into a pulp, and then challenge him 'to the death' and then do a flashy-thingy. An explanation is the least you owe us."

"Hey, I never asked you guys to come watch me!" I protested.

"Yeah, but we still did. And clearly, it was a good thing." Charles added.

"You don't get a say in the matter, Charles."

"I'm your boyfriend. If I don't get a say, no one does."

"Oooh! He pulled the boyfriend card on you!" Addie grinned and a proud look adorned Charles' face.

"You guys are the worst."

I gently extricated myself from the tangle that was Addie, me and Charles and touched the door, lacing my finger tips with magic.

"Kim, you've just activated the back up key. Can I have the password?" An electronic voice asked.

"No, you can't."

"Okay."

I heard the locks click and the door swung open.

"Welcome back to Imora, Kim. Don't forget your keys next time."

I chuckled breathlessly, my side was really starting to turn me inside out now.

"Thanks, Raz."

"No problem, Kim. Also, I should tell you. You got some mail."

A brown paper package was thrown at me, which I just barely caught.

"Raz! What was the rule about chucking stuff at me?"

"Powering down..."

I shook my head. Only Raz.

"Can one of you open this please? I'm going to find a way to heal myself."

"I'll come with you." Charles said.

"Cool." I threw the parcel in the general direction of the remaining three, and turned head upstairs with Charles on my tail.

"Should I carry you?" Charles asked me, watching me frown at the stairs.

"Nah. Let me show you something else." I still don't know what I was thinking that day, or if I even was, because what I did next was just plain stupid.

I grabbed Charles' hand and opened a portal, pulling him through.

And then collapsed completely unconcious on the bed on the other side.

~~~~~~

I woke up, still drowsy. My side wasn't hurting as much anymore, it had been reduced to just a dull throb.

I was still in my blood-soaked clothes, though. And it revolted me.

So I quickly went for a shower, mildly surprised to find my stab wound had healed completely, leaving only a faint scar.

Then, I changed and went down.

Everyone was gathered in the sitting room, looking horribly worried.

"Hey guys."

All of them looked up at the same time.

"Kim!" Addie jumped up and hugged me.

I hugged her back.

"Addie."

"Are you feeling okay? Is your side still hurting? Head? Any other injuries?"

I laughed.

"Don't worry, mum. I'm fine!"

Addie rolled her eyes at me.

"Don't look at me like that. You've been out cold for the last three hours!"

"What?"

"Yep."

"Oh, that's not bad!"

"Also, Mattia called."

"Oh, that's bad."

"Yep." Addie nodded. "He's had to send in both the reserve drivers. And he is pissed off."

"Oh, shit."

"Oh, yeah. And the best news? He wants to talk to you."

Yeah, I'm dead.