"My Little Race Car."

"I missed you so much Papa! I'm so sorry I couldn't see you earlier."

I could feel him smile.

"I missed you too, my little racer. Don't be sorry. You're here now, aren't you?"

I grinned up at him.

"I love you so much Papa."

"I love you too, dear. So tell me, how have you been?"

I pulled away from our hug, missing the feeling of Papa's arms immediately.

A lot had happened since I last saw Papa.

At his funeral.

It wasn't right, but didn't we all feel that way when we lost someone?

I shook myself free of my pity-filled thoughts.

Papa deserved to know. I was where I was, only because of him.

So, I took a deep breath and began to narrate all of it to him, leaving nothing out.

~~~~~~

"...and so here I am, Papa."

Papa was a good listener. He hadn't said a word while I spoke, he just listened quietly, nodding when he had to.

We were now seated cross-legged in the soft grass, facing each other.

A bunch of expressions ran over Papa's face, to quick for me to decipher.

Finally, he spoke.

"Ferrari? Really? Didn't Mercedes or Redbull have an open seat?"

A big grin grew on his face.

"I'm kidding Race car!"

He said, laughing at the awestruck expression on my face.

He nudged my bicep with his, smiling at me.

I couldn't resist. I grinned at him and wrapped my arms around him.

"My Little Race car, I'll always be proud of you. You can race at the back of the grid for Williams, and I'd still love you. Not that there's anything wrong with Williams, there are a very good team..." He laughed softly.

"I'm just so proud of you. You really have worked very hard. Always remember race car, I'll love you forvever."

A tear found it's way down my cheek.

I couldn't believe how much I had missed Papa. He was such an amazing person.

The two of us just stayed like that till it was time for me to leave.

Briefly, I considered calling in sick at work, to just spend the day with Papa, but I knew keeping him in this world for so long was going to take a huge toll on me.

So I decided against it.

~~~~~~

Goodbye, was said in a very easy way with Papa. A smile, a hug, a small kiss on the cheek and a promise to see each other soon.

Then, he disappeared and I portalled myself back home.

~~~~~~

From the entrance tree, I traced my way back home.

I pushed open my back door, and walked in.

Everything was just the way I left it.

I checked my watch, it was 8:05, I still had a comfortable amount of time to get ready.

And I did.

At 8:45, I pulled out of my driveway, driving towards Ferarri HQ.

So began the next day at work!