Epilogue (Pt. I)

Charles' POV (Present time)

I felt my eyes open, and my lips quirk into a smile when I saw the sunlight streaming in above me. I twisted in bed, to face the beautiful creature beside me.

My girlfriend Kim.

Her brown hair shone in the sunlight, and a gentle smile graced her face. She was probably dreaming about something happy.

Something happy.

I sucked in deep breath, all the pressure in the world suddenly weighing on me.

Today's was hopefully going to be the last day Kim called herself my girlfriend. If everything went according to plan.

I sighed quietly and got out of bed.

Here we go.

I ran to the bathroom and got dressed for the day. I knew Kim wouldn't get up for an hour or so more, so I had time. After getting ready, I found a 'Post-it' note and scribbled a quick note on it.

Good morning, love. Sleep well? Don't worry about me, I'm fine. Just have something to attend to. I'll see you soon. Love you.
-Charles.

Satisfied, I stuck it on the bathroom mirror with a rose (a black one, Kim loves that colour) and left.

~~~~~~

I shut off the engine and pulled the keys out of the ignition. We were back in Italy after yet another championship under our belt.

Ferrari had been doing extremely well with Kim at the wheel, winning three consecutive championships ever since she'd joined us.

I smiled thinking of my girlfriend. There was no denying I was head over heels for her, and I'd do absolutely anything for her, and today, would prove that.

I got out of the car, grabbing the last minute stuff I'd needed.

Which were some more black roses, and the ring.

Another bout of nervousness hit me, and this time my stomach curled.

This could go wrong. Horribly wrong.

I pulled out my phone and called Addie, who picked up almost immediately.

"All in place?" I asked her.

"Almost. I'm 5 minutes away from Kim's place. Are you at Ferrari already?"

"Just reached. I'm searching for Mattia and the rest."

"Cool. I'll see you in the evening."

"Yep. Don't forget. I want you here by 6:15 with Kim. The sun will be setting at that time."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm not going to botch my best friends' big day, okay?"

"I know, I'm just nervous. Sorry."

"Hey, relax. It'll be fine. Kim's going to love it. She loves you, you know."

"I know. Thank you, Addie. I'll see you later."

"No problem, Charlie. Now go, slay some stuff."

I laughed.

"I'll do that. Bye!"

"Bye!" I cut the call.

~~~~~~

The day passed by quickly, with me spending most of the day busy with preparations and other stuff. Thankfully, mum and Arthur were here to help me, even though Lorenzo couldn't make it.

My six o'clock alarm went off as we finish the last of the prep.

I groaned. I was feeling worse than ever, now. And my nerves were tingling so badly, it felt I was being electrocuted.