A Glimpse into the Head of Addie

(Addie's POV)

So, after the gala, things were hectic to say the least.

Okay, no.

Very very hectic to say the least.

This was because pre-season testing was only a few weeks off, and Kim's car wasn't done yet.

Too much happened for me to explain, but one worthwhile thing, is that me and Lando finally got together!

I can now, officially call him my boyfriend!

It was a sweet thing, and Kim and Charles were there as well when he asked me!

Speaking of, you know, I'm fairly sure something is going on between Kim and Charles, but neither wants to admit it. (God, I hope they're not the 'live in denial' type of couple!)

Anyways... So, a lot happened and I don't have the patience to explain it all.

Except, I'm here to tell you about what happened one day before pre-season testing.

Don't worry! (It's Kim's problem)

~~~~~~

I woke up in the morning like any other day, and got ready for work.

Then, I hailed a cab and left.

~~~~~~

An hour and a half later, when I got to work, Mattia called me into his office immediately, and gave me the news...

"Good morning, Adelaide!" He smiled.

I smiled back.

"Good morning, sir! Is there a problem?"

Mattia raised his eyebrows.

"What makes you think that?"

"You called me to your office, sir. You only do that when there is something very important happening."

"You are a smart girl, Ms. McAllister. But, you are right. There is a problem. With Kim's car."

I shook my head, not understanding.

"I'm not sure I follow, sir."

"Kim's car isn't going to be ready till the race day."

I'm fairly sure I turned as white as a ghost.

Race day, was two weeks from now. Had they even begun construction of the car?

"Yes," Mattia spoke again. "It is a rather unfortunate matter. She'll be starting 20th on the grid next Sunday."

Then, I realised why he'd called me.

"You want me to tell her that."

He smiled, nervously.

"You really are a smart girl, Adelaide!"

I sighed.

"I'll do that, sir."

~~~~~~

And I did! I did tell her, and guess what?

She didn't get angry at all.

Actually, she was happy. Hell, she even volunteered to help with the car!

Which of course, Mattia shot down. He told her to hang on, and just do her best when she got into the car.

And she did, but the result?

It was shocking.

I think it's safe to say, there's no one like my best friend Kim Imani.

She's something else.