THE DEAL

"Good morning, my beautiful mother!" I yelled as I jumped on her back and kisses her cheeks.

She laughed at my antics and resumed on cutting the onion. "Look who's finally awake early in the morning.." she said in amusement.

My eyes found it's way to the clock at the wall. I frowned after reading the time. "It's 9 o'clock already, Mom. There's nothing early about that.."

"You wake up at twelve, honey..." He looked at me and shook her head.

I pouted and walk to the table and sat down on the chair. Then I watched her cook. She's on her favorite apron. Her curly long hair is tied. She cut the ingredients carefully. How I missed her doing this. I haven't seen her cook for ages.

Why? Because whenever I woke up, she's gone to her work. Then when I'm already home, she's sleeping. We never had the chance to bond with each other.

But now, I promised to my self that I would change my ways. I would like to spend every morning with her. Watching her cook. Eating breakfast with her. Even dropping her to her workplace. I want to do that all.

"Ouch!" My mother winced pulling me from my own world.

I immediately got up to see what happened. She must've mistakenly cut her finger. I sighed. "Sit down mom. I'll cook.."

"What? No. It's just a cut. No worries.."

"Yes. I know it's just a cut but I want to cook so I'll take over from here. You go sit down.." I pushed her lightly and she chuckled at me.

She first went to grab the first aid kit and then sat down. I put my apron and proceed on cooking. My mom is just making curry.

"You will make a good husband, kookie.." I blushed at the nickname. I haven't heard that in a while and it gives me goosebumps. Only my mom calls me that.

I turn to her and smiled. "Really?"

She smiled at me too and it sends me butterflies. God, I missed her smiling at me. "Yes. Of course. Do you have someone right now?"

"None, Mom. I'm busy at work.."

"What!? Well you should get yourself a husband so I could meet them already.." she whined like a kid and it makes me laugh.

Yes, My mother knows I'm gay and she's fine with it. She told me she will be happy to accept me rather than lose me. And looking back, it makes my heart melt. She's the kindest.

"I'm just 24, Mom. I'm not in a rush.."

She then smiled at me whole-heartedly. I continued with my cooking session while my mom watched me from behind. When I finished cooking, my mom already set up the table. I put the cooked dish in a bowl and put it on the table. We started eating 'till our hearts content.

"Today is your day off. Right, Mom?" I asked between my chewing.

"Yes. How about you?"

"Well today is not yet my day off but I told them I would be spending this day with you!" I said, full excitement.

"Oh really?"

"Yup" I replied, popping the 'p' at the end.

"Then where are you planning on taking your mother to?" She asked.

I smiled at her. "Why not we finish this and see?"

She gave me a big grin and we proceed on finishing our meal.