CHAPTER 15

Today marks the day that my mom will be back. Yes, a week has passed since then. V already returned after 3 days of missing but he is not staying with me because he said he have a matter to solve. Jenny is not in the house anymore, Aunt Jaein arrived two days ago to fetch her daughter. That made me left alone inside the big mansion.

I felt so lonely and sad with just myself inside a house that big so I left as well. I stayed in my house on top of the restaurant for the meantime. My friends are asking me about V's disappearance, resulting for me to come up with a lie and cover the truth. Even if I tell them the real reason, they will only laugh at me and call me insane. The reason is truly unbelievable and hard to be true. So it must be kept.

I whistle while driving my car to the airport. When I arrived, I just stayed inside and wait for my mom to come out. She knows my car so I'm not bothered that she's not going to spot me. 1 hour of waiting and I finally sees my mom coming out from the airport. I was never wrong when I said she knows my car.

She smiles so brightly than the sun and ran towards me. I get out from the car and engulfed her with a big hug. "I missed you, mom!" I said while swaying our bodies.

"Aww. I missed you too, kookie! How's you days when I'm gone? Did you eat three times a day? Are you sad?" She interrogated me all the way to our house. I just keep on answering her questions. When the topic turns to V, that's when it hit me. I never had the chance to ask her about my dad just like what V said. This is the right opportunity to tell her that I know about their talk. Though I don't want to ruin her mood.

It made me think twice, should I ask her or choose another day? I don't want to spoil her mood. She looks so happy today, maybe some other time. Yeah. I should savour this moment with her.

So I didn't ask her about anything and just accompany her all day. Tomorrow she'll be working again and will arrive late at night. It will be hard to have  another chance to talk about the issue but that's fine. I'm always with her anyway. The time is not running out. I have plenty of days to choose. What could go wrong?

-

Everything is falling apart! Everything is going to the wrong path! A month later, my mother caught a cold. I thought it was just normal. I thought the next day it will go away because she's taking her medicine seriously. But I was wrong.

Today count the  day as her 13th day in bed. She doesn't have any energy to get up. At first it was not this fatal. I remember she can still smile at me and walk around the room. Day by day she loses her energy and her will to live. As if a curse has been casted on her. She can't eat by herself. She can't stand. She can't lift her arm to reach for water. She can't walk to take a bath. Everytime she need a person to assist her. And that's me. I'm her only son.

God, she's only 44! Why is she suffering an illness in an early age?

I wanted to cry everytime I laid my eyes on her. She keeps on giving me a sincere smile but that only hurts me more. She's always apologizing to me for being a burden. But it is always okay for me. She is never a trouble to me. Taking care of her is one of the things I wanted to do to repay all of the things she provided for me.

Her, getting sick made me forget about the thing I really wanted to ask her. I forgot about the answer I  was seeking. I only wanted for her to get better and turn back to her normal self. The jubilant mother I have.

Never a day pass by that her secretary calls. She keeps asking about my mom's health and ensuring me that the company is safe and in good condition. My mother is actually lucky for having a reliable secretary. One day she went here to visit my mom and I can clearly see her sincere action towards my mom. She is a very lovely person. I don't want to inherit that company because I don't have any clue how to manage it so I was planning on giving it to my mother's secretary. Will my mother agree?