CHAPTER 20

"Are you from a pack!?" The excitement in my voice never leave after finding out about the werewolves existence.

We, I mean the werewolf named Yeonjun and me, are sitting on a couch. He wears a irritated face while I'm beaming with joy. I am currently interrogating him and he seems to hate it but I can't stop. V and Jackson left to discuss something private. So private that he refused to let me here it. I don't care though, because I want to know about werewolves.

"No. I'm a lone wolf." Yeonjun boringly answered as if he has no energy to talk to me. Well, the luck is not on his side because I'm not going to stop asking him questions.

"What's your wolf's name?"

"Wolf's name?"

"I've read stories about werewolves and it says there that werewolves have wolves inside their body. You know, like two souls in one body? Uhmm.. something like that?"

"Werewolves fanfiction. Tsk." He rolled his eyes after whispering those words to himself though I heard it. "Not all information in the book are true. Sometimes humans just made it exaggerated to fuel your imagination.." he 'tsk' again. His irritation and the way he said the world 'human' is a real deal. He looks like he loathe my kind so much.

"Is that so? Then you don't have a wolf inside you?" I feel so down and disappointed about the book.

"No! I don't!" He roars at me. I didn't feel scared though, he is no near the level of V's dominance and intimidation.

"Then, do you have a mate?" I change the topic.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I'm not interested."

"Why?"

"Because I'm better off alone"

"Why?"

"DAMN IT! BECAUSE THAT'S JUST A WASTE OF TIME! STOP ASKING!" He raised his voice that made me flinched.

"But you have one, right? You're just lazy to look for your other half.."

"Fine! Yes I have a mate! And yes I'm lazy to look for him or her! Are you happy now!?" He asked, patience running thin. Why is he such a mad person!?

"No. Because you have to find your other half, they will make you complete. You are destined to have him or her—wait. Are you bi?"

"Werewolves are destined to be bi so that if their mate is the same as their gender, they can still accept them."

"Cool. So you don't mind if your mate is a male?"

"No.."

"I wish you met that person soon."

"I'm not interested."

I sighed when I heard his words. Why is his heart so hard like a stone? He really looks like he doesn't value the mate thing. Mates are valuable for werewolves according to the books I've read. But Yeonjun doesn't care wether his mate is dead or alive. Why is he not interested in his mate? Mates are not a waste of time because if you finally found your mate, that person will light your dark world. That person will make you happy, comfort you when you're feeling sad, make a home and welcome you in. Mates are important for werewolves lives.

But what do I know? I'm just an ordinary human. And he is right about the 'not everything in the book is true' thing. Maybe he have a different definition of mate.