CHAPTER 22

Today I will accompany the Queen on her chamber. The brothers are busy with castle duties and they are unable to attend to their lonely mother that's why I volunteered to be on their shoes.

Queen Hellerity is not a person who likes to explore around. She's simply contented with being inside her room and doing her hobbies like painting, knitting and such. Today I'll help her rather bond with her since V is not here and my trainor requested a leave so he could be with his family. Up until now, I still can't fully accept that males can get pregnant. Damn! How will I look if I have a baby bump?

My mind wondered and it created weird imaginations. I rapidly brushed it off and stopped myself from thinking about it too much. What the hell is wrong with me? Sigh.

"I'll see you later, mother. Have fun with Jeongguk, alright?" I watched Queen Hellerity sent Mark off. They are currently standing in front of her room's door. When Mark turn to leave, our eyes met so I waved my hand a little. "You're just in time. I'm about to leave.." he chuckled.

"Oh..then take care." Was all I can say.

"You too.." with that he left and the queen quickly launch to me like a hungry lion to its prey. I was also quick to catch her and balanced my body so we will not end up on the ground. Now I know where V got his childish attitude.

"I'm so happy you'll accompany me, Kookie!" She squealed and hugged me tighter. Yes, she often call me kookie now ever since I told her that that was how my mother address me. It's quite fun hearing it from her though, she reminded me of my mom.

Time flies so fast, living here has helped me mend my wounded heart and my longing for my mother. That's why even if Queen Hellerity calls me by the nickname my mother used to tease me, I'm not affected anymore. Agh..what am I doing thinking about my mom at a time like this? I should focus on the Queen.

"What should we do first, Your Highness?" I asked as we stroll down the hall. Yes she's not fond of going outside her room but I won on convincing her that there are a lot to learn and to do outside rather than locking ourselves in a four corner space.

"I told you to drop the title, didn't I?" She glares at me.

"But Your Highness, I feel so wrong calling you Hellerity.." I honestly answered.

"Then I don't mind you calling me mom. Or mommy. Or mother. What ever suits your taste.." she grinned mischievously, enjoying to watch me lose words.

"I-uh.."

"Just think of me as your second mother, now that yours has departed from your world. I don't mean anything when I keep pushing you to call me mom. I just want you to feel comfortable around me. But if it really bothers you then don't try and force yourself. It's fine.." She looks down though. Damn if she's triggering my guilty side, she's winning!

A sigh escaped my lips, and she won. "I-I'll try, Your—I mean, M-mother.......H-Hell"

She stopped and stared at me with straight face.  Anxiety instantly crawled under my skin when she didn't talk and just stand there looking like a statue. A very beautiful statue. She seemed to have something processing inside her head and when she kind of get over it she suddenly screamed on top of her lungs and jumped on me again. She squeezed me to death. Not literally.

"You're so cute, kookie! I love it!" She chuckled and released me. I coughed secretly, afraid that she might not like it if I showed her that her hug didn't do me well.