CHAPTER 13

After V's surprising act, we fell into an awkward silence. None of us each says a word and if we would, we will say it at the same time. Only makes the atmosphere even more awkward. When I looked at him he's not looking at me, but when he would look at me, I would avoid having our eyes met. Silly us.

Had he gone mad and lost his brain? Why would he kiss me on my forehead all of a sudden? Just because I opened up and told him my painful past doesn't mean, I am opening my heart to him. He is still that arrogant devil who drags me everywhere and bring misfortunes to my life. That doesn't mean anything and certainly doesn't give him permission to act like that.

"So uhm.." I tried thinking another topic just to forget about the awkwardness. Suddenly, the thought about my dad crossed my mind. I know nothing about him and I kinda feel jealous at V because he seems close to him. How I wish I was on his shoes. "Are you close to my dad?" I asked him reluctantly.

"I have served him as his right hand after my father suffered death.." his eyes wanders so far as if he's in deep thought.

I felt bad opening that sensitive topic. It must be hard for him say that his father had died. "Sorry about your father.."

"It's cool, I know he served Satan well and took care of our family until his last breath.." V said that made me smile. So he is this understanding huh? Why did that made me feel butterflies?

"I envy you. You're so close to my dad than I am.."

"That's because you didn't get a chance to be with him. He died earlier that everyone expected.."

I fell in silence and after a while I said "Could you tell me about him? I want to know everything about my own father.."

"If that's what you really want.."

"Yeah. I'd like to hear it.."

With that being said, V told me the information about my own dad. "He is a care free creature that doesn't mind other people's judgement towards his reigning. He is rouge and cold and heartless. He is also brutal toward the kingdom's prisoner and traitors. He tortured them for his own fun. He like to waste his time doing those unacceptable things. For a human, to see something like that is traumatizing but for Satan, it became his everyday routine, to kill and torture someone in the most brutal way.." I felt shivers down my spine. He sounds so dangerous. How did my mom fell in love with him?

"My father always tell me that he became like that after his own family suffered murder. He lost them all in one go. He was protecting the south wing of the kingdom that's why he's unable to protect them. Satan is in great loss after that incident, only his half brother had survived but in coma for a very long time. The day after the incident is the starting point of Satan's change of behavior. He shut himself behind the large door of his room and didn't talk to anyone. He's already a king that time. Then when he came out of the room, he is not the old Satan anymore. He hunted the culprit behind his family's murder case and captured all of them. He brutally tortured them and gave them a slow death to make them feel the pain. But after Satan had done that, he didn't feel any satisfaction. His brutality only worsen.." V sighed and shook his head.

"But even that being said, my father is proud of Satan's reigning. Because he never let anyone harm his kingdom. He is a very good ruler but still cold hearted. Satan's people never complains about his ruling, not because they are afraid but because they are satisfied. He provided them safety like a great king would do. He is also a very proud warrior, he is arrogant in the battle field. That is because he has the right. Satan never loses to anyone or any war. He never admit defeat and always came back to the castle with victory. He is so powerful that he make his opponent kneel even if they have high ranks. That also make him popular with girls but he is never interested in them.." V chuckled. His father really knows everything about Satan. "Satan only knows how to kill, he was never taught how to love because his mother had died when he was just 8 years old. He is fine with that though, because he is able to handle the kingdom without a queen. He is fine being alone. That's funny because—" V let out a laugh.