CHAPTER 39

2 years later after Jeongguk gave birth.

Jeongguk PoV

Two years ago, I gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Up until now I still can't believe that he really came out of my stomach and that I carried him for 9 months. Hades is now turning two years old and we held a very small celebration. It consist of 5 people only. Hades, me, Eclipsa, Jackson, and Lisa. Since they are the only ones who knows the existence of my son.

Despite being only two years old, Hades is already as if 5. He grew a lot quicker than a normal human. I couldn't believe it but I already anticipated for it to happen since he is basically just like me before. I also didn't experience being a toddler for so long. Devils mature quicker than humans. But I did wish that Hades would stay as a baby longer because I still want to hold him in my arms and cradle him to sleep. I cannot do that now since he is basically much bigger. However, I can still baby him.

Just like what Jackson said, I did regained my memories. From when I was born, to the day that my mom and I died in the hands of a relative, I also came to know that my father, Satan, casted a spell for my mom and I to lose our memory of when we were in hell. The memories I saw was mostly my life before I ended up in the human's world. That explains the separation Eclipsa and I experienced.

And I also saw that back when I was a kid, Eclipsa, V or Taehyung for that matter, and I were childhood buddies. We three are inseparable before until the cold came and I died. I can say that my memories are complete but I don't feel it is. It feels like something is missing and I want to know what it is. I told Jackson about that feeling and he too can't explain it, because according to him, I was supposed to gain my memories completely once I gave birth to Hades. Jackson just suggest that I should disregard it but I can't bring myself to. It keeps bugging me.

Two years have passed. Two years of living away from the devil who caused me a lot of misery. But even if that is the case, the memory still remains. The horrible past and the tormenting feelings is still here like everything just happened yesterday. I still have nightmares. I still jolt up whenever someone would walk in my room. Despite having my son, the trauma still is not lifted.

And the memory I received back is not helping me. Back then we were so happy, full of excitement and in harmony. V and I are closer to each other that we are to Eclipsa. I remember him telling me that once I became the ruler of hell, he will stand beside me and we will rule together. He will be my knight and will protect me with everything he got. Yet, he did that horrible things to me. Or maybe he forgot about that promise. Maybe those are just mere words for him. We were children back then, of course he would think that all of that are just jokes. Still, I hang on that words until the day the gods retrieved my soul. And what did I get in return? I don't even want to think about it anymore.

Sometimes, it hurts looking at my son. His facial features reminds me so much of Taehyung. That is the first name I gave to him when we were kids because I couldn't pronounce his devil name properly at first. Which is 'Dis'. Just Dis. Dis was his devil name yet I stick to calling him Taehyung because it suits him better. And I was never wrong.

Hades also act like his other father. He's also possessive when it comes to me. Hades almost bite the shit out of Jackson when the vampire tried to hug me. Hades likes clinging to me. He only sleep if he's hugging me. He likes it when I'm eating with him. And he likes it when I'm spoiling him. Sometimes I would wonder why Hades need to take over from his other dad. But I don't blame my son because without Hades, I am most like succumbing myself in the darkness.

"Stop day dreaming when you're cutting the hotdogs, Jeongguk. What if you accidentally cut your fingers?" Lisa hissed and took the knife from me. I only smile apologetically to her and step aside since, her cutting the hotdogs is a better idea. Although, I wouldn't die of cut on the finger.