CHAPTER 12

"Good Morning, honey. How's your sleep?" For the first time in my life, my mother has greeted me with the most warming smile. A sign that what she's doing and her treatment to me is all real and not fake. Not forced. All genuine. I wanted to cry because of that but still, I stopped myself. It will be weird.

The last night event totally confused me more. And a lot of questions are popping up inside my mind. Like what is my true identity? Am I a son of a devil and human? What does that make me? I know the answers to questions are being held by my own mother. It is still not clear why she had hid all that information for such a long time.

So what she told me when I was a kid that my father died in an accident is not true. I grew up in such a big lie. But still, I look at it in the bright side. I tried brainwashing myself that my mother hid my real identity because she is just protecting me. Like I said, it is not clear. And I want to confront my mother because of that.

"Good morning, mother!" I squealed and run to her to hug her. She hugged me back so tight and swayed our body left to right. We giggled together like a happy mother and son. "I slept well, mom. How about you?"

"Yes. I slept well too. Where's your friend? Is he already awake?" She asked with her eyes full of fake curiosity. I'm already aware of their secret so pretending is not going to work on me anymore. But always remember mom that I love you, without any faking it.

I go with the flow and also pretended that I am clueless about everything. "I don't know too. I'll go check on him.." after my mother's approval, I went to the guest room where V is staying to wake him up, that is if he is still sleeping.

I knocked on the door. No one answered. I knocked on the door again, but still no response. My patience is running out already. How I hate waiting. So without further ado, I held the door knob and twist it to open the door. Not to my surprise that the door is unlocked. Maybe the devil don't like locks.

I opened the door slowly and peeked my head inside. A sigh of disappointment escaped my lips when I saw a bundle lying on the bed. What a lazy devil. I went inside and stopped while staring at V with my hands on my waist. I tsked and kicked V's foot or so I thought.

I was mistaken. It wasn't his foot but rather his face. I just kicked the devil's face! What the hell!? Anxiety grew in my mind just by thinking what I had done. Oh my god.

I took a quick look at V if he had woken up but to my horror, V is not on the bed anymore. The bundle deflated when V disappeared into thin air. He teleported, yes. Or so.

Someone grabbed my arm and my body jumped in surprise. The same person pulled me so hard that I slammed to his broad chest. "Oww.." was my first reaction because it was my face that took all the pain.

"How dare you kick my face.." V's hoarse voice made all the hair in my body stood up. A feeling of fear crawled under my skin. Fear over this man that has encircled his arm around my waist.

"I'm sorry. I just tried to wake you up. I didn't know it was your face that I kicked.." I reasoned out backing away my face because his face is getting closer and closer. I swear my heart really wants to run away.

"Even so. That is not how you wake up your master, bun.." my eyes shot open when he licked my cheek. And I felt my face burning.

With all the strength I could muster. I pushed him away from me and stood meters away from him. I pointed at his shameless frame. "Y..You! I will never get near you again! Stay away from me!!" I shouted to the top of my lungs but covered my mouth immediately. I don't want my mother rush here and caught V and I bickering. Though I'm the only one who's enraged here.