CHAPTER 30

I knocked on the door three times and waited for the person inside to answer. Like always, I'm holding a tray in my hand, but these past few days, me and V are in cold war. Or rather, I'm giving him a cold shoulder, as I should. The matter between us that includes my cousin still hasn't died down. I'm still mad at him for locking me inside my room and forbidding me to meet Eclipsa again or Jennie for that matter. That's why I can stood my ground and not talk to him though I probably should because he's my master.

"Come in.." says the devil breathing inside the room. I rolled my eyes and the guard seems to saw it because he flinch when I turn to look at him. Well, glare at his direction. Poor him, his not part of this  war yet he's also affected. Sigh. But I'm not to blame, am I?

Nevertheless, I opened the door and went inside with straight face, not even bothering to look around. I just dragged my feet to where the table is and dropped the food on top of it. Though, I hate V at this moment, I'm still eating with him on one table. It's quiet because none of us is talking but it's not awkward, I also don't feel like yielding for now.  Not until he finally spill the word and apologize.

"Are you still mad?" V asked the moment I finished setting up our dining table. I know he's been cautiously watching my moves but I choose to ignore it. As well as his question. I heard him sighed, not liking my silent treatment to him like usual. Serves him right.

We eat in silence, the clattering of utensils are the only sound than can be heard. And also the sound of wings flapping that I just noticed now after all the times I've been here. Come to think of it, have I ever seen V's wings. Or does he have one? I guess he do have wings, just don't want to show it to me. Tsk. Add another reason to be pissed about this fucking devil.

"If you're just going to play with food, step away from the table.." he warned not even bothering to stop munching his food or looking at me as he speak.

I clenched my jaw, unknowingly, I happen to stab may fork at the meat with force. Making V misunderstand and think that I'm just playing here. He's half correct because I don't really have the appetite to eat. I'm just here to show respect for him and the food that Isabella cooked. Again, the room fell in silence. But not for long since V is talkative today!

"We're going outside the palace, and you're coming wether you like it or not.." he demanded, leaving no room for argument.

I gritted my teeth but restrain myself from answering that back since I know it will only make everything worse and we'll end up arguing again, senseless. My body is giving up and I'm feeling drained due to our argument before, I don't feel like repeating it any longer. I'll just keep my mouth shut and do whatever he wants until he decided to apologize. If he did then maybe I'd open this mouth again and talk to him. That's all I needed but he's too selfish and arrogant to give it to me. Sigh.

What did I do wrong really? What did I do to deserve such treatment from him. All I know is that my memory with my cousin is back and there's nothing wrong with that. Unless it's not really a memory and the images I saw back then are just a form of sorcery, but I know, my heart tells me what I saw back then are truth. Meaning, I've been here before. Those memories are created in here so why am I in the human's world instead of here. Great! Another mystery that's yet to discover. And worst, it is only Eclipsa that I know, this makes me question if ever I'm acquainted with anybody else.

Soon enough V and I are done eating. I only noticed it when V stood up because I'm too lost with my own thoughts to even bother be aware of my surrounding. Without muttering a single word, I also stood up and cleaned the table, then I left as quietly as I entered the place. My walk back to the kitchen to deliver the used plates was silent. I met Jaeshik on the way but I only gave him a slight smile then hang my head down. All the way my mind was blank. Nothing seem to pop inside my head. It's just....empty... Sigh.