CHAPTER 49

Love is really a powerful weapon that it can cause a King to fall on his knees and cry like a lost child in the woods. It is so powerful that if one falls deeply in love, it would be hard to get up again. I guess it is true when they said that love conquers all, even the cold blooded King is not an exception.

Taehyung cried for a long time while hugging my waist. I just let him be as I am at loss for words because I didn't expect him to be in such a pitiful state. What's more is he didn't even try to hide himself from my view. He just let me witness his vulnerable state like an open book. This man is such a fool for trusting me so much. He didn't even hesitate to let his guard down around me. He really is fixated on the idea of atoning his past mistakes. It may sound as if I'm a bad person but I like this new side of him even though it baffles me.

After Taehyung regained composure, he dried his wet face and put on a relief smile on his face as he look at me. My heart skipped a bit the moment he flashed me that smile. I could not help myself from turning to look elsewhere, afraid that he'll notice the obvious blush he caused. Agh! Now I regret telling him that he's making a progress! His smile just now is so full of himself! Damn it! Wrong move, Jeongguk!

Nevertheless, Taehyung started to explain about the big problem that the kingdom is facing. We sat side by side. He snapped his finger and an image of a handsome man appeared like a projector in front of us. The man look like in his late 30s. He's dressed in formal clothes and his expression is dead serious.

"Please don't stare at him as if he's the most majestic person you ever saw." Taehyung's comment drifted through my ears. It made me cough awkwardly.

"I'm not. Who is he anyway?" I diverted the topic. Taehyung didn't tease me after that anymore and continue to show me the problem. He snapped his fingers again and the man started to talk.

"Greetings, Ruler of hell. I know this is pretty unusual to have me present myself in front of you but I'm left with no choice. I am Sebastian Samuel Vidallon, Werewolf King. Right now, the world of supernaturals is having a massive crisis. A war has been ignited. Hunters have developed many kinds of equipments that can pulverized our race. They have the help of other creatures who retaliated against their own kind thus making the hunters even more strong. Many of our kind have been killed and assassinated in and out of our own land. The leaders have already gathered and agreed to help each other but we are still short of people and our forces are still not enough to overpower the enemy. I am in front of you today to ask you for your help. Please. On behalf of all the leaders, we hope you could lend us a hand considering that devils are also included in this war. The Gods have sent troops of battle angels but not to help but to protect the humans. They will only act if the humans get tangled in the war. So we cannot rely on them much. I, the Werewolf King, Sebastian Samuel Vidallon, beg you. Please help us." The projector closed after that.

"A messenger from the human world delivered news to me earlier. The devils in there are slowly getting killed. Some who have their gates managed to save themselves and came back here but others who don't have their own are still stuck there hoping they could be saved." Taehyung leaned on the chair with a heavy sigh. I am left speechless due to the information that was revealed. It was so hard to process in my mind.

I may not have been present in the supernatural world for a good amount of years but I know that it has been a long time since the last war broke out. I am not even alive that time so it's shocking me to the core to know about the war that's happening. Shit!

"I already sent a reply. Later, after preparation, we will go out there as this issue needs an immediate action." I raised my head to look at the man in front of me. His face no longer had the trace of happiness. His eyes are now void of emotions.