CHAPTER 11

I betrayed my own words and let V won over our little argument. No matter how strong my resolve is, he still managed to break the wall I built and made his way. I feel pity over myself for having such a soft heart that can't say no to anyone. Sigh.

Tonight, my mother is acting strange. Just a moment ago when she saw V, she was smiling brightly. But then her welcoming mood suddenly changed and now you can literally cut the atmosphere using a knife because it's so thick. The sound you can only hear are the utensils. Yes, we are eating and no one dares to spit a word. My mother is eyeing V, greatly.

She seems to watch V's movements and never leave a single step. When their eyes would met, V and my mother would share fake smiles. Do they know each other? Yes, they met once when V helped us last time but is there a thing I don't know about them? She's kind to him last time, what has happened? Did I miss something?

"Uh...h..how's your day, Mom?" I tired to lessen the awkward feeling that surrounds the table.

"Oh it's fine, honey. Just a normal day, no pressure.." she mumbled some words I didn't actually hear. I just gave her an awkward smile.

"Really? That's good. My day is also fine.."

"Really, honey? No one's pestering you?" She ask me but I didn't miss the look she threw at V.

"Yes. It's a good day, mom.."

"I see.." was all she said and the silence took over again. We were quiet the whole time until V stood up and said that he is done eating. My mother just smiled at him and we watched him walk to the sink.

"Just leave it there, V? V is your name right? Just leave it there. I'll wash it after I finished." My mom said.

I also finished my meal and went to the sink. Then I excused myself for the night. I kissed my mother good night and went to my room with V following from behind me. He also wishes my mom a good night but he said it like sarcasm. I showed V the guest room where he will be staying. He didn't complain and just shut the door. Rude.

After brushing my teeth, I jumped on my bed and feel the warmth of my blanket. Sigh! Finally, the time has come where I will rest and tomorrow will be another day to rest. But we're not actually sure. Perhaps V and I will do an adventure tomorrow, but I wish we don't.

I tucked my body under the warm blanket and hugged my pillow. "Good night.." I whispered into nothingness until I felt the darkness succumbed me.

I woke up when someone touched my arm. Their hand is trembling. The horrible feeling that I thought I had overcome has comeback. The feeling of dying within someone you trust's hands. My body is shaking in fear.

I thought we're done? I thought you said you will not do this again. I had let my guard down for you. I wrecked the wall that I built when I'm trying to distant myself from you. Because you said you had changed and you will never hurt me again or try that thing on me again. Why are you betraying your own words!? Why!?

I wanted to scream that to the culprit's face but my body just stiffened. I just stayed still as if I'm paralyzed. Well I am paralyzed. Whenever I face this situation, my body just remain unmoving. I can't do anything to restrain this from happening. It's just...I feel very weak and useless. Why must you do this again?

Then I felt something pricked my skin. After that, the feeling of some drug injected into my body made my eyes feel tired. My body jolted when the drug had spread through my veins. My eyes are close but I feel like closing them again. I felt my body lose it's energy until darkness for the second time ate me.

I only saw darkness for like two minutes until I gasped and got up from my bed. My throat is dry as if I didn't use it for so long. My heart is beating fast. I can't explain the feeling. It's like my life has been taken away and give it back again. I was catching my breath while clutching on my chest as if my heart will break free from my body. To my right, I saw my mom..with the most terrifying look she could come up.