CHAPTER 43

JEONGGUK's Point of View

My body trembled in fear while I stand motionless in the middle of the living room. I dared not to look away from the figure that is standing in front of the door. Just knowing that I am under one roof with the bastard who made me suffer in the past makes me want to unalive myself right the moment. How did he find me? He's not supposed to. No one is supposed to sense my devil presence due to the protective barrier surrounding me and my son. We have lived quite the peaceful life until now. So how did he tracked me? Did the barrier started to malfunction? No this can't be happening.

"Jeongguk.." My eyes focused on the approaching V. I took a step backward that made him halt. I can see a clear hurt expression on his face when I did so. Why does he look defeated? I'm the victim here.

"Stay there. Don't come to me!" I can see the pain in his eyes trying to hold himself back from obeying my words.

"I'm sorry.."

"Why are you here? How did you find me?" The question is for him and me. Just...."How?" All the pain I thought I forgot are coming back in full blast. Why now when I thought I'm tasting freedom again?

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to show up in front of you uncalled. But I'm happy you're doing okay.." A faint smile appear on his lips. I hate myself for feeling hurt for him. God, I'm not a masochist!

I averted my eyes away from his face that looks like a lost pup. It makes me feel guilty even though I have never wronged him in anyway. Curse this heart of mine. There is only silence in the room for a while until I heard a familiar voice in my mind.

"Entertain your visitor until I came back, I will take your son to safety. I have a bad feeling something's going to happen today. Be safe. Don't fall for his scheme.." It's my cousin's voice. And she sounded distrusted with the idea of leaving me with V.

"I understand. Please take care of my son, Eclipsa. He's the only one I'm holding onto to be strong right now.." I begged her.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to let my nephew get hurt."

"Mmm thank you, cousin. Can you connect my mind link to my son? I want to say something to him.."

"Alright but be fast.."

In a minute I can hear Hades worried voice on the line. "Dada! Are you okay? Where are you, Dada?"

"Hello, son. I'm okay. You have to come with aunty Jennie without Dada, is that okay?"

"..mmm but I don't want to leave you.."

"Don't worry, my love. Dada is going to be fine just a little bit late. Promise me you will not cause trouble to Auntie Jennie and Auntie Lisa.."

"Okay, Dada. But be fast, okay?"

"Of course, son. I love you.."

"I love you too, Dada!"

After that, the mind link closed and the presence of my son and Eclipsa vanished. I feel my heart sank when Hades is taken away from me but I put up a white lie to myself. It's for the better. I don't want him to meet his other father right now. If I could, I will never let them meet. However, considering the happenings right now, it is only a matter of time before V meet his unknown child. Gosh, why is my world turning one hundred and eighty degrees again?

"Are you done talking to someone? I want to have a proper conversation with you.." V broke my train of thoughts.

At first I'm surprised that he knew I'm talking to someone through mind link but I figured it's not that hard to guess. Specially since he's no ordinary devil. "What proper conversation? You have lost the right long ago.." I looked at him with clear disgust. My boldness suddenly rise up after knowing that my son is now away from this rapist.