CHAPTER 24

It took V some time to regain consciousness from that time he got back totally beat. Each time that I come in his room and see him without any sign of movement except his stomach that moves up and down indicating that he is still breathing and just in some long sleep, makes me feel worried. But the doctor who's been visiting him constantly to check his condition always assure me that V is fine and just taking his time to regain the energy he lost when in battle field. It's not enough to fool me tho. I still feel worry despite knowing that V has an unlimited amount of life.

I can't help but sigh just by thinking about that. Why can't I threw away all my worries about him? He's fucking immortal and that's for sure. But still, I can't grasp the scene that he is with severe wounds.

I sighed again before getting up from bed. Then I neat my bed and get inside the shower to start my everyday routine. After changing into presentable clothes or my servant uniform, I exited my room to go to Isabella and fetch the food for V and me. Yup, I may be just a servant but ever since I entered this place, I never once eat in the kitchen like the other servants. I want to eat with them but I have a duty to eat with V. To be frank, I don't find it necessary for me to eat with him but I get used to it day by day. Now, I'm fully accustomed to it.

Isabella still prepares for V's meal even though she knows that the food won't be eaten anyway. But her excuse is what if V woke up and ask for food and water, she also said it is better to be prepared done nothing. After Isabella packed me up with everything I need and bid me with a good luck attached, I left the kitchen and went to the room I've been visiting everyday without fail.

When I arrived, the guard bowed to me as respect and I did the same. I don't understand why he need to do that, the bow thing I mean, I'm not someone who holds a high status. I'm simply a personal servant of V. Maybe he just got accustomed because I'm a regular visitor of his king.

Nevertheless, I pushed the issue away and knock on the door. I know I don't need to do that since no one will answer anyway but my instinct just kicked in. And just like the past few times, the occupant of this room didn't replied to the knock. Without saying a word, I twisted the door knob and pushed the wooden door open. My head is bowed slightly because I'm balancing the tray I'm holding.

The moment I entered, the closing of the book was heard. Therefore, I abruptly raised my head to see if someone intrude in V's room. But the intruder I was expecting to see wasn't a intruder like I assumed. It was none other than the devil who temporarily borrowed the main character position from Aurora of 'The Sleeping beauty'. It seems that he had woken up from his temporary death, the long sleep I mean.

"Oh, you're finally awake.." shocked, I stated the obvious. I am at lost and stuck in shock the second I saw him sitting on his bed with a book on his hand.

The scene look so strange to me now because I got used to entering this room and greeting the motionless and bedridden V for the past times. Seeing him with his eyes open is hard for me to grasp now. Is that weird? I don't know how should I react? Should I hug him? But why would I? The argument inside my head caused me a short headache that instantly fade away after I stopped thinking about how I should react.

"-ny! Bunny!" A shout from V pulled me back from my own thoughts. Quickly, I settled our food on the table and put the tray beside and invited V to eat with me.

"How long have you been awake?" I opened a conversation since the table has been silent the moment we started eating.

"Just minutes before you entered the room.." without emotion attached he replied and swallowed a spoonful of his food.

"Ah.." I nodded in understanding. Why do it look like he doesn't want to have a conversation? Or am I just imagining it? Maybe this is just a side effect of his slumber. Is there even a thing?