CHAPTER THREE

"You froze my mom!?" I hysterically yelled running rapidly down the stairs.

I almost slipped trying to get to the kitchen as fast as flash could. There stood my mom pouring a coffee into a cup with a smile on her face. And the devil itself is right! She's unmoving!

"M-Mommy?" My trembling hands tried to touch her face but I was scared that I might hurt her or if I touch her suddenly she would popped like a bubble and vanished. Just like in the movies.

I asked the devil why he's inside my room and where is my mom. And this is his answer.

"She's not dying you idiot.." the ungrateful man muttered when he finally reached the kitchen.

I turn to him and glared. He's leaning on the wall with his bored look that made me glare at him even more! He is so calm like he's not bothered—well yeah! He is not bothered! While I am here trying to find out if what he said is true with my hands shaking in fear for my mother.

"I hate you..." I told him with the deepest and most irritated voice.

He just rose his eyebrows and just shrugged. "That's fine. I don't need you to love me anyway. You're just my gate. And you are stuck with me forever.."

I looked down defeated. He's right. I'm stuck with him and I can't do anything about it. I can't free myself by hating him so it's pointless. I sighed.

"Can you just........" I sighed and looked at him with the most pitiful look I could give. "Just unfroze my mom, please.." I begged.

He click his tongue inside his mouth and scratch his temple. "She's uh.....asking for my name.." did I mention how cute that is?

My eyebrows farrowed. "So? Can't you just give it to her. Why freeze her?"

"Mortals.." he whispered more like to himself and rolled his eyes. I looked at him with curiosity written all over my face. "Humans can't pronounce it.." he said emphasizing his last word.

"And?"

"Are you dumb or something? That means I don't have a name to give her.."

"Ah.." I nodded my head getting what he meant. "Why don't you just make one?"

"Good question..." He smiled at me and then it dropped and turn to a serious look. "I suck at that.." then he rolled his eyes.

"How come?"

"Can you just shut your mouth and you do the fucking thinking of a name???" He snapped.

I looked at him shocked and taken aback. I was just asking. Was it wrong to be curios? Nevertheless, I still tried to think of a name i would give him. And it feels like naming a pet! Exciting! Because at this moment I feel like I'm the master and he is my pet.

"Mmm...How about Max?"

"Lame.."

I frowned. Man, this is gonna take long I swear.

"Dave?"

"Pass.."

"Rudolph?"

"What!?"

I grinned awkwardly. "Uh...Isaac"

"Olds.."

I pouted and blew the strands of my hair that fell on my face. So on and on I tried to come up with a name that we both will agree on. I asked him to at least come up with a name and I just regretted it. He is right! He sucked at that. A person can't even pronounce the names his suggesting.